1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mom thought i was lying.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Dazed, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Dazed

Dazed Guest

ok so for those of you who talk to me on here know that i came out to my familt a few weeks ago.

they took it well and everything so i just went on with life.

then tonight i was out with my BFF shopping but when i came home my mom and dad were sitting there and my dad goes " tell her that your a lesbian"

i was like...yea i told you already.
    and she was like omg nooo.
    and i was like wtf..then played with the dog.

so have any of you came out to your parents and they thought you were joking?

2. Alex19

no but so long as u play with your dog after wards, i guess it doesnt really matter. lol jk

3. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i just thought it was weird that she thought i would lie about something like that. since i havnt tried to hide it in anyway since. i openly checked ouy girls in front her. >_<

and my dog rocks. she does this thing where she acts like she dont like me....hahaha

4. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a first for me. You actually had your parents where every kid wants them, sitting on a couch waitiing to talk and You go and play with the dog??? I'm sorry, I can't believe it. You really, really, really need to get back to your parents and apologize and get them to sit back down. Maybe you didn't like how they approached it but they were opening a HUGE door and you shut it. They're not accusing you of lying. They just came to terms with what you said and were ready for discussion. Girl you go back and talk to them. And our love goes with you. Remember, no shouting, patience, listening twice as much as you talk (two ears, one tongue?). Now go....and walk Proud

5. Dazed

Dazed Guest

my dad asked questions. he was like " so are you and ashley(my best friend) dyking out.
    and i was like god no. shes cute i guess but she is like a sister. and my mom was like why. and i was like boys are icky. like ive talked to her about being gay after i told her the first time and what she said was" i dont care as long as i dont ahve to hear you talking bout eating a girl out"

my parents tend to think im a hoe.

but after that i went and bought them dinner. ^_^

6. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

Omg i like the NOOOOO part haha!
    that so stupid for not taking you seriously and stuff.
    well i know very well my parents will do the same thing as what your mom did if i come out to them =/ especially my mom (-_____________-);;

7. Dazed

Dazed Guest

im honestly fine with the way it happened..considering i figured it would be like WW3

8. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Well mine was similar in that it was said rather jokingly. Last week I just said to my mum "would you hate me if i was gay?" and she said "no" and I said "good because I'm gay". it was said in my usual sarcastic tone so whether or not she took me seriously is beyond me. I'm just happy I can talk so nonchalantly about it now!

9. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So do you think she took you seriously, because you really opened the conversation well and her answer was exactly what you needed to hear. Would have been great for a dialogue to have happened but you have at least planted the seed. Now she can process that because I'm sure, even though she might not have shown it, she is thinking about what you said. Next time you want to talk with her, you can start with 'mom, remember when I told you I was gay?'
    A. Yes
    You: well, I was serious, wanna talk? cause I really need to.....

Keep the humor out of it now, it will show her you're serious.

Hope this helps??.....walk Proud

10. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Well we don't really get on well so we don't have a very open relationship. I use humour to hide alot of what really goes on with me anyway because I am somewhat of a private person. I don't think she was all that bothered and anyway her opinion doesn't really matter to me. I am very proud of who I am now and she isn't going to change that!

Having never been close to her or the rest of my family, my friends have become my family and I have some of the greatest friends in the world who I can talk to about anything and never be judged!

"friends are the family we choose" and in that sense I have the most amazing people in my life!

Thanks anyway! :thumbsup:

11. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    cjtom, sorry to here about your family relationship. Conversely I am glad you have friends you can lean on and who support you. That is important in life. All the best to you....walk Proud

12. RainbowJay

Wow, your mom didn't take you serious... wow
    strangely, that's something I haven't heard yet

good luck with that though -pats you on the back- ^^

13. Shebbs

xD I actually told my mom straight up that i'm bi. And she completely ignored it and thought it was a joke. Hah. I was like, fuck you, you can't say in the future that I didn't tell you.

14. Curiosity

Curiosity Guest

I told my friend and he started laughing.. I asked what was wrong and he said "Oh, you were serious?"

._. Fail.

15. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Actually, you're not alone. When I came out to my mom, after talking for a while, she said "Well, I'm not entirely convinced."

16. SmileItsNicole

YESS lol i came out to my mom and she said
    "pshhh your not bi"
    and i was like wtf.... yes. yes i am
    then she freaked out and sent me to therapy and still only says i "think" im Bi
    ohhhhhhh well

17. Alex19

my parents think that i think im gay. im like, "no. i like men. im pretty damn sure about it."

18. Shebbs

:slight_smile: My dad thinks i'm a lesbian. Lmao. I just say, "Not entirly" and he doesn't catch on. lmao.

19. Dazed

Dazed Guest

oh man. i make threads and forget them

shebbs..your mom. is..something. haha im not saything thats bad but..wow.
    and your dad seems cool.