1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my immediate family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rowe, May 18, 2016.

1. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I came out to my parents and my sister today. Three good, yet different stories.

Around 8:00, I came out to my mom. We started watching Transparent yesterday, and today I watched a few episodes ahead. I was talking to her, with my sister there. I said it's a good show, but my only complaint is the inappropriateness. I said an example was that at one point, I saw a part of Carrie Brownstein (who I am a big fan of) I didn't want to see. They were joking I'm anti-boob. Around that time, my sister went into her room. My mom has been wondering for a while what my sexuality is. I tried avoiding it, and she asked who I like, then thought "meh, f*** it", and said that it depends if it's sexual or romantic. I told her I would date anyone, but not have sex. She said "So, like pansexual, but for romance", and I said "Yeah, panromantic". So, she found out I am a panromantic asexual. She started doing more research on the + part of LGBT+, and we talked a little about it, and I explained some of it.

Around 9:00, I was talking to my sister. She asked what was going on with me, and all I said was "Mama found out", and she said that she ALREADY KNOWS! I was laughing for a while after that.

Around 9:40, I was talking to my dad. This time, I was ready to announce it. I told him that my mom found out, and started explaining what it is first, and said that I'm a panromantic asexual. He smiled and hugged me, and said something I don't really remember because I was just so happy.

I guess next would be my gay friend who I accidentally made think I'm straight (and kind of want to date). Hey, something to talk about at the diversity club next week!