1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Am Out!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by StrataScribe, Feb 28, 2009.

1. StrataScribe

Well I did it! (!)(!)(!)

After spending all day scared shit to come out of my room, I finally gave my family my coming out letter I posted yesterday. And man, was it the single most scariest moment of my life! I cried like a baby!

First, because I was too damn chicken to face my father, I went down to visit my aunt (she lives in the inlaw suite in my family's basement) and I was all quiet and my aunt knew instantly something was wrong. She kept asking what it was and I just sat there scared stiff for like twenty mins. Finally I get up, throw the letter in her lap and choked out "read it, then give to mom" or something like that - I couldn't really speak. And I ran into her room and collapsed into her bed. She didnt even finish reading the letter and she was holding me, telling me how she loved me and was totally supportive and caring (which I knew she would be). Anyways, I cried in her bed for like an hour and she just sat there rubbing my back telling me all incredible and supportive things. Finally, she asked if I wanted her to take the letter up to my parents and sis. I choked out yes.

Then came my worst panic attack of the day. I literally could NOT breath. Yea, you guessed it, apparently I'm a really emotional guy :dry:. I sat there for what seemed like forever and finally there came a knock at my aunt's bedroom door. I managed a 'come in' and waited. I had my face burried in the pillows so when I heard my father's voice I nearly died. My biggest fear in all of this would be my father's reaction. And the first thing outta his mouth...."I still love you". I balled my eyes out even more after that. :icon_redf I was expecting my mom not my dad.

To make a long story short, my entire family knows and are all really supportive. I can't really look at them in the eye yet, or even speak more than a couple ramblings here or there but for the first time in my life I can breathe easily. I am free! And I am proud!

(Plus I made my sis cry which was kinda funny!)

2. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is just so great. I've been waiting all day, along with all of EC to hear what happened. Keep the lines of communication open now, don't let them die. Absolutely fantastic. Walkin Proud my brother, walkin Proud.....Keith

3. Bryan44

*Jumps around like an idiot
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. gaius

gaius Guest

congrats!

5. ArabMan

Wow! I'm so proud and impressed of you! You really deserve it and inspire me :slight_smile:

6. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

Damn!, Well done for that, I wish my coming out was like that, Congratulations mate!!!!

7. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow what a story just like mien will be, LOL. I'm terrified to tell them. I can't speak to my parents about personal things, lol. I jsut can't.. I get soooooo nervous when i'm so guilty of secrets or something, lol... One time we had some foster kids and i rote a letter to them of how i was feeling about if they leave im leaving with them (i was immature) lol.. So i said if u don't adopt them im leaving, . I felt better after they read it then ran outside and said i was running away. I stood outside the house until my dad came and got me. (it was storming outside and at night at that) I just feel better with letters. lol.

Congrats.

8. george678

YAY!
    Congrats

9. 3104

Out Status:
    A few people
    way to go man, breathe easy. I bet your crying after hearing your father say those words was a wonderful emotional release that you dont get every day,...or every year for that matter

10. ilovelife

Yay!!!! Congrats!

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow!....I'm happy for you that it went so well. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

12. Greggers

13. RaRa

That's great! I'm so happy for you! :slight_smile:

14. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Congrats! :slight_smile: I see all that stressin was for nothing, really.

15. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! :thumbsup: :icon_bigg

The one virtue of stressing out is that the end result is usually a positive surprise :icon_wink

16. EM68

Congrats! You must be soo happy right now!

17. Daniel6

Wow, Congrats! You have a great family (*hug*)

18. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!!! That's fantastic that they were so supportive, it sounds like you have a really loving family. So good to hear that it worked out and well done for having the courage to give them the letter. (!)

19. kramer362

Congrats man, that's awesome!

It's crazy how easily coming out can make an otherwise unemotional person cry :lol:

20. Techcompu2

congrats on telling your family