1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd year anniversary

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by crimsonarcher, Mar 2, 2009.

1. crimsonarcher

Two years ago, not only did I join EC in April, but I came out for the firest time ever on March 2nd, 2007. And now, two years later, I just want to reflect a little bit.
    That dat, I can still remember: I never did plan for it to happen. That night, I was scheduled to go to a quinceanera rehearsal for my cousin and best friend(it was a dual celebration). At one point, I guess I looked down, so two of my guy friends came up to me, to ask me what was going on. After some chatter, they took me to the house hallway for privacy. There they asked me what was wrong. After some guesses, they got it. I cried, mostly of of fear, but more for happiness. They were very supportive and amazing about it. Then, I told the two quinceanera girls, and they took it just as well.
    That was the first time.
    After that, I would eventually come out periodcally to people throughout the rest of 2007.
    In 2008, that was a major point also- on April 15th, 2008, I told my mom. Again, that wasn't planned. Neither any of the other ones were planned also. She cried, only because she wanted me to have told her sooner. Apparently I was scaring her with all the suspense. She said she still loved me, and that she would portect me from other bad reactions for as long as she will live. The only people left were my dad and brother. I don't want to tell them for a while. My dad is a jerk, mostly because he let me go to a prop 8 protest in Sacramento, CA, only to yell at me later for going, but anyway...
    My other family members are meh about it. Some just love to talk and gossip about me when they are staring at me at the park during a birthday party, comparing me to a stereotypical gay male. Since then, I have had awesome, funny, light reactions, with full support. I have a gay cousin who is marrying soon, and a transgender MTF aunt. Hopefully, both will open the close-minded man who is my father. Now, 2 years later, I live happily, and love life, parents, brother, and friends, and things in general. I don't know, I just feel happy to be alive. Now, I just need to come out to my father, brother, and any other person I might have missed. I also need to acknowledge EC, for encouraging me to come out and be true to myself. I like everybody on here also. Thank you so much, verybody!

2. Apocalypte

Congratulations :slight_smile:

3. silentsound

that's awesome! I'm so happy for you!

4. biisme

I'm so happy for all that you've managed to accomplish in these two years. And we're glad that you've been here with us. (*hug*)

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's fantastic that you have accomplished so much during the last two years. Congratulations!

6. Greggers

That is amazing :slight_smile: (*hug*)

7. xequar

Wow! You know, I hadn't really even thought about it, but my two-year anniversary for coming out is coming up in a couple weeks. March 19 is mine. :slight_smile:

8. Alex19

i wasnt here 2 yrs ago, but congrats! my official coming out was new years, but i told (or it was more extracted from me) on the 12th of january to my parents. i only told one person on new years.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations! It's good to hear from happy people! :grin:

10. Ronnie92

Oh! I totally missed this thread, sorry buddy. Congratz on everything. You honestly are what I am trying to get to this year. So keep up the good work and I will keep up my own. Thanks for the goals and stay in touch (*hug*)

11. Apocalypte

Similar here - my four year anniversary for coming out to my best friend is coming up in April. (!)