1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just becoming comfortable.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mcrteenagers, Mar 2, 2009.

1. mcrteenagers

This isn't exactly coming out, it's more of coming out to myself. And becoming comfortable with it.

So I'm out to everybody important. Family, friends, work. That's old news. But I guess the next step was just settling down and finding me.

In the last few weeks, I've found myself being alot more comfortable...with myself.

Physically? Tight shirts, reallllly tight pants (lol), cute underwear, doing up my hair. It's all apart of just being comfortable with the body you're in, no matter what it looks like.

Mentally? I find myself acting more gay. If that even can be said. I find myself just saying what I used to think. "Omg he's cute." Not thinking about what I'm doing, thinking about what I'm saying, or how I'm saying it.

I guess this is more of an educational piece of writing. Sometimes we have trouble acting like our true selves, but after "finding" yourself it comes alot easier to just act like who you are :slight_smile:

2. Greggers

I TOTALLY understand :slight_smile: The same thing happened to me. I find myself chatting about guys to my friends quite openly and load. People have overheard me and made fun of me, but i just give them my "wow, your pathetic" look and move on. Being comfortable in your own shoes is alot harder than coming out to family and friends id say, because when your comfortable with yourself that means (to a degree) you dont care what everyone else thinks about you.

3. riddlerno1

Yeah i agree too, its kinda happening to me too, not as quickly as i would like but there you go. I find myself spending that half a second longer staring at a guy i think i cute or saying to my mates lets sit over there as he's quite hot, without feeling altogether self conscious of what i just said.

Clothes wise i dont have many clothes which are 'stereotypically gay' but i have started buying alot more brighter and bolder clothes as opposed to the blacks and greys i used to. But the most important thing ive found is that im alot more comfortable in just being myself then i used to be!

4. DexterMorgan

That's cool!

I haven't reached that stage yet.

5. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is what one would call a metamorphisis - a changing process. You are finally coming to terms with who you and accepting that. As you become more comfortable with the new you, you will find all the things you have been pushing back into the trunk all these years, will now start to manifest themselves and it is a wonderful feeling because you are comfortable. The underwear thing, to me is quite significant although only a small example. Many of us think underwear are the last bastion of our male ego and we still find ourselves conformiing to societies rules. This is a generality so I don't want guys who love boxers to jump on my back (unless you're really gorgeous) but sometimes it's cool to find out you don't need those ugly boxers any more. Throw them to the wind.
    Myself, I've got some pretty new and very cool additions to my underwear drawer. Good to hear the input, and keep blooming, you're doing great Mcr. Walk Proud (in that new thong!)

6. Alex19

i kind of talk to my friends about guys. id talk more if there were better looking guys in my area... but my clothes have kinda changed as well. i never used to care but now i only want american eagle- i love their clothes. but i started talking to my one friend about EC.