1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am starting to put myself out there.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Emberstone, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Emberstone

I kept seeing a advertisement at a local area gay resource website for #########, and I thought I would take the plunge and create a account just to look around at other guys looking in my area.

I also contacted a local gay 21-35 social group to see if they were still active.

I am still nervious about dating, but I am looking to be more social. If I can find a group in my area, I might be able to become even more comfortable, and further come out to more people.

2. Melissa

I created a ######### profile a while ago. I didn't have any luck, but I hope you will!

3. Peter76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive created profiles on internet dating sites and had mixed responses. I think some people just see it as a "game" and forget that its real people with real emotions. Having said that I am currently dating a lovely guy I met online, so it can work. Good luck with it, and hey, even if you dont meet your soulmate, you can never have too many friends and I certainly think that helps with having confidence in coming out to more people. Good luck with it all.

4. Jim1454

That's awesome! Hopefully the social group will work out.

As for dating - don't let yourself be pressured into moving 'faster' than you want. Be VERY clear about what you're looking for, and stick to it. Good luck.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great! Hope it will work our for you!

6. twilight lover

7. riddlerno1

Its definitly a brave step. Ive always been afraid to stick up a pic as i get scared someone i know will see it! But it can be a good way to make friends!