1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insert totally original title here

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tushoa, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Tushoa

I've managed to come out to a lot of people as gay, including my family. The first people I actually came out to were my friends, and it was during lunch, sometime in October 2015. I didn't even have to say anything, one of my friends was just like "Ok who here is gay" and I raised my hand along with like 3 others.

The way I came out to my parents was...partially accidental, I guess? We were eating somewhere, and my parents asked if I had a crush on a boy, to which I scoffed and was all like "nope, and I don't plan on having any either" My mom then asked "well what about a girl?" and I just kind of hesitated before shrugging and saying maybe. The way I truly came out to my mom was when the two of us were eating at Dairy Queen, and my mom asked if I had a crush on someone. I had, but I didn't really want to tell my mom because I didn't really want to fully come out then. But I just sucked it up and told my mom her name. (and it was clearly a female name) and so my mom just asked me some questions about her and that was it.

A few months later, I ended up making a post on Facebook (on April 17th) saying that I was gay. I then kind of panicked and stayed off of Facebook until the next day. I knew that at least the majority of my family would likely accept me (I have only my cousin to thank for that, as she's trans-MtF-and gay and they accept her) but It was still quite nerve-wracking. All I got was support though, which was definitely a really good thing.

I've come out to many of my friends and family. Even so, I still come out to others. Just recently I came out to 2 others, during a trip in Canada (which I just got back from yesterday). One of my friends was actually the one who told one of them, but the other I told myself. She was talking about gay rights and asked if I supported them (to which I said yes) and she asked if I knew anyone who was gay. I nodded, and she asked if I was gay. So I nodded again cx

So there's my coming out stories. This post ended up being longer than I intended haha sorry-