1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my Dad!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bluesteel, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Bluesteel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So last Saturday I had made a deadline to come out to my wife. But when it came down to it I was far too scared to follow through with it. Instead I had some alone time with my dad that day. And I didn't exactly plan on coming out to him right then and there it just kinda happend. He knows I have been struggling with depression for some time and we were having a conversation about it, how he was saying he understands what I'm going through and he "gets it". To which I replied you have no idea. As he was trying to guess what was wrong he blurts out sarcastically "your gay!!!".... my heart dropped and I looked at him and just shook my head yes. He got a look of confusion on his face and said "seriously?" I said "yeah". And he turned compassionate in actions and told me. "I still love you, and I'm always here for you, your my son and I will always care about you no matter what." And then gave me a hug. We talked for a good hour afterwards about it and my situation. I couldn't have asked for a better father it means so much to me that he is here for me.(!)

2. redstreak23

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    congratulations. I wish my dad would be cool with it if I told him I was bi.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!:thumbsup:

4. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you Bluesteel! Your Dad is awesome!