1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Good friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xadude, Mar 6, 2009.

1. xadude

a couple of weeks ago I was biking home after theater rehearsal somewhere at 9.30 PM. I always bike home with a friend but she leaves earlier than i do so we always stay out on the street to talk a little. We had been having an issue after I had asked her out as my prom date, just as friends, since she heard I was in love with her. She sorta had been ignoring met for some months after that but finally she decided to talk to me about it and ask me if I was indeed in love with her.

Now I have to stop a second and explain something. I am Dutch and live in the Netherlands. I lived in the US for two years and went to the American School in Holland for one year. She is virtually billingual as well and for some reason, once in a while, we end up speaking English.

This night was the same and suddenly I started to doubt...should I tell her or should i not... so I asked her if she would promise to tell no one about the thing I was going to tell her. And so I told her... after that it was kinda silent and we said goodbye

Since than I didn't really talk to her about it. Until two nights ago. I had no clue what she thought about me until we finally talked again. Finally I had found someone in real life who wants to support me... I was so happy and relieved... she told me i could always call her if she wanted and talk to her about it if i need... next up are my parents...

2. Bryan44

Congrats on telling your friend, she seems really supportive!!!

Good luck with your parents!

Oh and welcome to EC!!!

3. EM68

Congrats and welcome to EC!

4. Daniel6

I used to think Netherlands is the country which is most open about sexuality?

5. Noah

Wow, that's great. I bet she liked you :slight_smile:

6. xadude

well even if the netherlands is so open to sexuality it doesn't make it easier to tell anyone for me. Not that I'm that scared for the reaction... it's just the idea...

7. mrzach

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow, thats really cool, congrats :slight_smile: