1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think some people at work may have guessed...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tm74, Mar 7, 2009.

1. tm74

tm74 Guest

... and after last night, if they haven't, they're totally blind :grin:

Short version - what started out as a quiet meal out with a few work colleagues, quite quickly turned into a pub crawl around the city's gay scene... I wasn't exactly being careful to "stay in character", especially once the first few drinks had been and gone, and a few had called it a night and the ratio of straight to gay in the group started to shift towards the gay guys being the only ones left...

So one defintely knows - assuming he wasn't too drunk to remember - and if the other two who we're still out at 4am aren't at least very suspicious I'll be surprised.

For a night out I wasn't even sure I was going to go to after the week I've had at the office, I'm soooo glad I did... :icon_bigg

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

o.o The last sentence made no sense to me. Maybe I'm the one drinking. lol

Do you think this is a good thing? Or a bad?
    I'm known to get gayer with alcohol too. lol

3. riddlerno1

Does it bother you if people at work know, i mean if some of them are gay anyway then i dont think they're going to have aproblem?

4. tm74

tm74 Guest

No, it doesn't bother me that the gays at work know now - 6 months ago it would have done. I've actually been trying to figure out how to tell a couple of them - and at the coffee machine in the office didn't seem the right place or time, mainly 'cos people who I'm not ready to tell would overhear - but last night was the perfect opportunity to be myself and let them figure it out for themselves - and yes, they did - I had a text message chat with one of them earlier, and he'd certainly figured it out...

and

My main paranoia now is that my (very traditional) Christian parents will find out - possibly though something that gets written on Facebook... I think most of my friends now know, which is a really good feeling - and it's with the help and support of people here that I've gotten this far.

Yeah, the last line wasn't particularly well written - I'll try again (now that the hangover is easing!) - basically I had a lousy week at work, and really wasn't particularly in the mood for a night out - but I'm very glad I didn't stay home in the end.

#4 tm74, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
  5. riddlerno1

well, congrats on 'coming out' . Thats fantastic!!:thumbsup:

6. EM68

Congrats! Well it sounds like you may have found some people to go out to gay bars with. I am not even close to coming out at work. There is one guy that I was thinking of coming out to but I am going to wait. Next week we are going to a training class out of state and we are sharing the same hotel room. I don't want it to be awkward.

As far as your parents take your time and when you are ready you will know.

7. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thats brilliant news, I'm really happy for you. Nice going fellow sheep shagger....ok not sure if your sense of humour stretches that far, sorry if I offend.xxx

8. tm74

tm74 Guest

EM68

Last night was my first visit to any of the true "gay bars" in the city - and I found it to be a fantastic experience - I just felt totally comfortable being there, with those guys, in a relaxed atmosphere, I know there was a thread on here about gay bars a while back, and I basically said "I'd go if I had someone to go with" - as you say, I might have found the first few people now!

9. tm74

tm74 Guest

Silas - I'm not Welsh, I just live here - but no offence taken!