1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talked to friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by 2qt2bblond, Mar 7, 2009.

1. 2qt2bblond

So, I have previously come out to three close friends. Since I have we haven't talked about it at all... until today :]
    My friend came over and we decided to watch the Harvey Milk documentary. There was this one part during a speech Milk gave where he was urging people all over the country to come out. When he said to come out to your friends i turned around and gave my friend a huge smile and thumbs up.

After the movie I asked her if she felt weird about my homosexuality. She was fine and glad to talk! It turns out she was not that surprised and just didn't want to talk because she thought i didn't want to talk!!!
    I dont' think i've ever felt so good in my life... as of this moment!

2. Ryn48

That's awesome!

I remember when I came out to my best friend, I was worried about whether or not she would feel like I was going to hit on her and if she would be too weirded out to sleep over ever again.

I asked her if it was weird between us now, and she said " I love YOU. Not the fact that you like guys. or girls. or whatever."

It's always awesome to realize that people will support you.

3. biisme

That's a great way to come out!!!! You actually did something. I just avoided looking at my grandmother...

Congratulations!!!!!!

4. Alex19

kudos! your friend is soo cool!