1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My experience coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nightowl88, Jun 29, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have had nothing but support coming out so far. I had kind of a rule where if it was on topic for the conversation or if someone asked I would say I was bisexual and aside from telling my two closest friends I've followed that. My boyfriend found out when we were discussing dreams with our other friend and I said I had a dream about kissing a girl in our class and he said I'm probably bi and just haven't realized it yet so I told him since I forgot he didn't know yet. My mom asked me one night while we were talking and my brothers, dad, and stepmom found out in similar ways. A few of my other friends learned when I was talking about it to some friends that knew. So far everyone's reactions have been happy for me and several people say they weren't surprised. My mom told me she had been waiting for me to come to terms with it before asking me about it. It makes me so happy even though I know I have family that will be unsupportive of me and my school doesn't tolerate bullying and will punish kids who are caught bullying. I still haven't come out to my extended family or online mainly because I don't feel the need to announce it and haven't been asked. Come out has been a great experience for me.

2. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're still young, so don't worry about heavily labeling yourself. Truth is, you may feel gay now but become much more attracted to girls later, vice-versa or nothing at all may change. Don't worry about it yet, and just be true to yourself.