1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and tried to talk to my partner...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by PrivateLeigh, Jul 20, 2016.

1. PrivateLeigh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, after spending all of my life believing I'm straight (even though boys and men didn't "do it" for me, to the point that I came to believe I'm just hard to please.) I've recently begun to realise that I might be bi or lesbian. To cut a long story short I was out with a friend one night, got more than a bit drunk and ended up kissing a girl for the first time...and I LIKED it...too much not question it once I'd sobered up.
    Anyway, after battling with how I felt about that kiss and struggling with being very confused I tried to talk to my partner of 20 years about it. I told him about "the kiss" and everything went a bit pear shaped after that. Again, keeping it short he's now worried I'm going to cheat on him and run off with a woman. I can understand how he feels, but now I'm wishing I hadn't told him anything and I've always told him everything.
    I've also confided in a friend about how I feel, which was great. BUT, it looks like I'm in for a rough journey for a while...:icon_sad: