1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUCCESS! - I think I'm getting better at it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kayar, Mar 12, 2009.

1. kayar

:smilewave Hi guys, couldn't wait to share!

I've been making a determined effort to locate and try clubs and organisations in my area where I can become comfortable in the company of my fellow gay man. It's all still very new to me, I only came out to myself less than a year ago. :icon_redf

Well, last Friday evening I attended my first 'club-night' at a fairly local gay social group I had been exchanging e-mails with. Sadly it didn't live up to my expectations, but I wasn't discouraged at all. :thumbsup:

On Tuesday evening (two days ago) I was on-line looking at some other organisations, and contacted two more.

The result of this was a new club I tried last night (Thursday - it's currently 1.50am on Friday here in the UK). It was absolutely fabulous! I had no idea what to expect before going there, it's quite an unusually themed club. It's a LGBT (mostly gay though) dance club, and the dancing is Scottish Country Dancing (yeah you know, kilts & sporrens, etc.)! No, as far as I am aware I do not have any Scotts blood in my family; but it was amazing fun. The guys there were real friendly, fantastically friendly; and I got to hold hands and dance with something like 20 different guys (I don't know anywhere else I can do that!). (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

Then afterwards (I didn't know this beforehand) we had a reserved area in a good local restaurant/bar for those who wanted to continue the evening's fun. Yeah, I went - of course I did, it was great! :icon_bigg

I still can't believe how good it was and how much fun I've had! Wow! I'll definately be going every week from now on. (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

The moral here and the lesson I've learnt is that if I hadn't put myself out and tried it, or if I'd pre-judged it because I hadn't done Scottish Country Dancing before, or if I'd allowed myself to be discouraged by the group I went to last week; I'd not have had so much fun and I would definately have missed out - big time!

Thanks for reading. :kiss:

2. Alex19

kudos! im glad u went. feel liberated? i bet u do.

3. EM68

That great! I am glad you are having fun!

4. joss22

Congrats, I always love to go out and try new things, even though I have never done anything openly LGBT. I never would have thought of a Scottish dance theme for LGBT, but whatever :grin: Sounds like you had a ton of fun