1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My family knows now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Embi, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Embi

Embi Guest

So, I guess I really came out to my family now. I needed a situation to casually mention my sexuality and today it finally happened. If they asked, I would have told them a few months ago already, but they never did because I seem straight to everyone.

My parents were mentioning our mayor and I kind of jokingly said that the only good thing about him is the fact that he's gay. They (my parents and my brother) asked how that would be a good thing. So I asked if it is a bad thing. I was being a bit provocative because I wanted to have a reason to say that I'm bisexual. They said that of course it isn't a bad thing, but being straight is better because of reproduction and stuff.
    Then I said that I don't see a difference and my mother asked if I wanted to tell them something. I told her that I just didn't see a difference. She asked how I could tell that (assuming I was a lesbian) and I asked her how she could tell she was straight. She said that you have to try it out (I'm wondering rn if she's implying that she had something with girls as well). I said that most people just know it. She then asked if I am not interested in guys at all and I told her that I didn't say that and that I don't care about the gender. My mother then asked if that means that I'm bi and I said yes and we went on with the day.

I do believe that the thought of me being a lesbian kind of disappointed her, but I know that my family loves me no matter what. I wasn't afraid of coming out to them, I just was afraid of it being awkward. I am glad that they know my label now, now I don't have to surprise them with a girlfriend one day :lol:frowning2:!)

2. hanrity

hanrity Guest