1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finished it off, I'M OUT, OUT.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mvp 447, Aug 6, 2016.

1. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am OUT! After living thirty years in the closet, I have accepted myself as bisexual for the past 16 months. I told my wife around then, but no one else until recently. Having told everyone else, I finally got around to my mom. Although I did not tell my sister or brother, it is because I do not have a relationship with either. I thought it would be very hard talking to my mom, but my wife had already discussed it with her. She knew my mom would need time to come to terms with it, but she has! She was wonderful, and I know that she made an effort to get to the place of acceptance she is in. She made that effort for me, and I really appreciate that. I reassured her that I had not been molested; my feelings are not rooted in sexual abuse. I explained these feelings had made me suicidal, and she had never really understood that before.

This doesn't change my day to day life. I plan to remain in my marriage. My wife has been so unbelievably supportive- totally amazing- throughout this process. I cannot imagine my life without her. I am so lucky to have a partner who understands and accepts me for who I

2. Silver Sparrow

I'm really glad that coming out to your mom went so well!

3. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, that mostly the wife at work, and everyone here.

4. Guff

That's awesome and all, but why did you even come out when you're already married? :0 Seems almost like it "doesn't matter" at that point? I mean I think that's great and all XD But why even come out at that point?...

5. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I think I wasn't too clear, Male, married to a woman. I repressed my bi feelings for 25 years, I admitted it to myself and her last year. It's ok for me to be with other men as I feel necessary. I just always lied and said only into women before, so yeh, I was in the closet. It made my life hell, especially lying to her, for a long time.

Ironically, it has made us a lot closer.

6. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also found out today, that my stepdad who was like a father to me, unconditionally accepted me and said he considered me more of a son than his own biological son. I shed a tear after hearing that.

#6 mvp 447, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016