1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told the First Person!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lambeau, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I posted a couple days ago looking for advice on a situation, and I decided to tell one of my friends tonight (8/11) that I'm gay. Granted, it was an online friend, but at least I took that first step.

She was so supportive, and even started out by saying, "Oh honey, I know." :lol:

We talked about a bunch of stuff, even talking about my type of guy, which felt amazing. I was so comfortable during the talk that I was cracking jokes about the situation. I could have not asked for a better scenario.

I also put myself in a position earlier where one of my real-life friends knows something is up, but I told him I can't tell him tonight because I want to tell him in person. So I'm going to have to tell him relatively soon, which is what I want, but I'm also super nervous. It's going to be harder saying it in person rather than typing it to someone. But I have to start somewhere!

Overall I'm excited I made that first step. I feel lighter and a bit more free. I definitely didn't expect to do this today, but it was worth it!

2. Guff

Oh man, Sassy Online friends truly are the best friends. LOL I remember tellin' a gal who I knew only online in a video game I'm gay she was the first "person" (if you even count random online strangers) And she said "Damn, you like dicks two?!" XD
    Virtual reality really is better than reality. (,: Everyone is just so open and hysterical XD

3. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've known this person for a few years. I met her on a forum related not related to LGBT+ topics, and she's been great. It's weird because she knew me before I even realized myself that I'm gay. So it was, in a sense, a real coming out experience, where she knew me as straight at one point. But I've been hinting at her for several months now, and she said she got the hint. There was one night she waited up because she thought I was going to tell her, but that coming out attempt failed miserably. In other words, there was no attempt, despite me wanting to attempt.

It's going to be harder for me in real life because I don't think anybody has any idea I'm gay. But now that I'm out to at least one person in the world, I have a little bit of built-up confidence!

4. AnguishXx

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's so sweet :slight_smile:
    Good for you!

5. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great start! Hope this helps you feel more comfortable with yourself and move onward and upward, friend.