1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Coming Outs?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by davo-man, Jun 24, 2007.

1. davo-man

I was just wondering, out of all the times that you have come out to someone, what has been your favourite...eg for me it was...

Coming out to James H: We were at a bus stop and i tell him ive got something to say and then say "Were getting pretty good friends and i think you should know that im gay"
    His response was "Thats cool, Dave, Seriously i'm not gunna let that get in the way of our friendship" he then proceeded to give me a bear hug...Then best part of all was when i got home he messaged me and wrote (verbatum) "Man, you know nothing can change how i feel about you. Youre a friend of mine and little things like that can't change that. Thankyou for trusting me, though. Have a good on, man. I had a lot of fun tonight and you always add to that. We shall do it again some time"

Hes the best...how bout you, whats your favourite time?

2. xxAngelOnFirexx

when i got an e-mail response from my aunt. one part saying, "God loves us all even when we sin – and we all sin." haha! it was like sooo funny!

3. crimsonarcher

I was at a quinceanera practice and 2 straight friends of mine noticed i was depressed about something, so they took me to the side and asked me what was wrong. I looked at the floor and just stood there.....and they kept trying to guess what was wrong with me, and i said "it starts with an S" ..and ends with a Y". The first friend said "sexy?"....and then the second guy said "sexuality?"..and i said yeAH. The 1st guy said "what?".....and i started to cry a little...then the 2nd guy said "oswaldo, it's nothing to be ashamed about"..and that was my favorite coming out..for now!:slight_smile:

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time, when I came out to my friend Cecilia. She gave me a big hug and told me everything was OK. In fact we are closer to each other now.

5. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think for pure comedy value mine was when I told my sister, we were driving along the motorway at 70 MPH and she almost drove the car off the road lol... Well, it's funny looking back at it, at the time it was kind of scary lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And for a nice one, my favourite was when I told this friend at work via a message, and he sent a really nice supporting reply which suprised me to be honest. A nice suprise obviously

6. Sam

Sam

well I think its a close one between my mom, dad, or my best friend! it was a sweet mushy love moment with my mom, she talked about how she loved me unconditionally. with my dad it was kind of funny, he said I love you.... unconditionally then I said so you DID read my letter and he said yeah So?... what? you didn't think I suspected it? why were you worried over a little thing like that. My friend said yeah I kind of suspected it all I ask is just don't hit on me!

7. SadConfusedBandGeek

Lol my fave was when i told one of my friends
    She is just like
    Really? Oh ok....Does this mean we can talk about hot guys together?!

8. SpikySpice

My biggest one was when a girl caught a note from me to a guy, and the whole class knew, it was like a revolution, lol

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol for me it would be from me to a friend and she just responded, "Sean, everyone knows you are, they've known for years, your just a little slow on the uptake" and then patted my head. (I didn't come out (even to myself) till I was 17.

10. SadConfusedBandGeek

heheh ^^ sean's is funny

11. 24601

I didn't really have any funny stories... In fact, I had no funny reactions at all.

One thing surprising though. There was a friend of mine who I knew would take it well. She was really nice, compassionate, and understanding. I was so certain she would accept me, and I sent her an email. She didn't talk to me for a month. Turns out she had had a major crush on me for a while and felt embarassed... for some reason :icon_redf. Well anyway, that's about all I got. Not really funny (or interesting), though.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks SadConfusedBandGeek (I'm a band geek too :slight_smile:)

13. LorenzG1950

Lots of band geeks here. Cool :music: My favorite so far is with my former guitarist in our band. When he dropped me off at the train station, he gave me a big, long hug. It was right on in the middle of traffic and lasted forever. I told him to watch out, someone will think you're gay:icon_bigg. Then I cried tears of joy all the way home. :newcolor:

14. Red87

Hmm... no real stories to mine, I just come out to people whenever I feel like it. Came out to another friend last night whilst in a drunken stupor. He didn't care. Alcohol DOES have its benefits :grin:.

15. SadConfusedBandGeek

OMG i'm not sure this one is my fave but i lik it cause i told the guy i LIKE! that i am gay (The conversation is in my other thread) (called, 'should i tell him?')

16. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite one was coming out to myself, because it was something that needed to be done.

17. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

mine was happy/sad

i came out to the guy i like but he told me he's straight but the happy part is we're still friends and nothing changed

i got really sad tho

18. nick79

Favorite coming out:

After telling my best girlfriend, she admitted to me that her family already called me "gay Nick" because her sister insisted that I was gay. In fact, her sister feared that I'd work out I was gay at 45yo and regret the previous 20-ish years of my life. Bless her.

Favorite txt message:

After coming out to my mum & dad, my brother sent me this txt: Just wanted to say that you are a wonderful person and im so proud that you are my brother. Good on you for tonight. Love you.

19. davo-man

Dont worry ive done that before as well.....at my sisters birthday to one of my best male straight friends....turns out he completely fine with it and in fact he got annoyed at Bob (my (girl)friend) because i told her first even tho i had known him longer....turns out he wanted to know, as in not that he already knew, but kinda felt betrayed that i had taken so long to tell him.

20. crimsonarcher

now that i think back...i was in PE this year with a close friend of mine and we were walking around the basketball courts in the gym when i told her. she hugged me (everyone was like huh?) . I didn't tell her earlier because i thought she'd be kinda disappointed, but she wasn't! she said "i'm sorry you though i was gonna be mad.."........
    and hugged me again.
    it was heartwarming.