1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I suppose i have made a start

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jules, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jules

hello,

as you can see i am new to this forum.
    I just want to say about my coming out well the beginning of it and even you guys have any suggestions or advice.

Well i think i properly began to question my sexuality at about 15 but looking back now i had crushes on many guys but just didnt know what i was feeling at the time.

I was firmly in the closet slowly getting more and more confidence and accepting who i am. And beginning to feel proud of who i am and realised that it was time to come out.

I chose my best friend as the first person to tell as i had known her for years and i knew that she was not homophobic but it didnt recieve the greatest but certainly not the worse reaction. I basically told her i was gay and she just replied "really?" and i said yes and thats been it. This was way back in March there has been small hints such as saying would i adopt like dolc and gabbana which i thought was a really stupid thing to say. Basically because i didnt know they were two men and she has always known that i am not keen on the idea of children.

The next couple of months were rather rough, this knocked my confidence i began questioning myself and whether i would stay closeted or try again. What built up my confidence was buying GT (gay times) and it just confirmed to me again that i am gay. I thought that i need to come out sooner rather than later so i began writing my thoughts down and what i would try to say when coming out. Possibly a big mistake, or a good one i am still unsure.

I had left this journal out and my mum found it!!!!
    She confronted to me about it and said that she loved me no matter what and she didnt care who i was attracted to as long i was happy. I was really pleased with this and thought wow good work. She even told me how she had read history on homosexuality i thought very good sign.

A couple of days later she came into my room and was saying that she thought it might be a phase and asked whether i would take it up the arse (she was not as crude as that) i was basicaaly shocked i didnt know how to react. I know it will be a shock for her but saying it is a phase really angered me. But sionce then no word i kinda want to approach her but i know it will be a very uncomfortable cono but she says "i love you" a lot more so that could be a good sign.

This is the last bit i promise..
    My mum told my sister she asked me first and i agreed. She is very liberal and her best friend is a lesbian so i thought she would be fine. I think she is ok but said to my mum that i will probably not know for a more years which i think could be where the phase thing came from. But i know my sister would not have meant it in that way.

Anyway thanks for reading, sorry it was so long but it has been a great relief to just tell people.
    I think it has been going well but would it be a good idea to confront them about it or wait fro them to come to me?

Cheers

2. Alywishous

It completely depends on how u feel and how u feel would be best with any one person. It is probably best to tell anyone close to u flat out and not wait for them to come to u.

3. Alywishous

And welcome to EC

4. jules

this is true.
    The think is when i meet new people they usually end up asking if i am gay but sometimes i can see myself saying yes i am but then at the last second i just chicken out

i guess because they might know one of my friends

5. Jim1454

congrats on coming out! and Welcome to EC!

6. SadConfusedBandGeek

Good job coming out:slight_smile:

7. SpikySpice

Hey, welcome to EC, good job for your coming out :slight_smile::slight_smile:

8. jroakwood

well. at least you've got a start.
    ive been too chicken to even do that.
    congratulations and good luck.
    and welcome to E.C.

#8 jroakwood, Jun 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  9. blake21

hi and welcome to ec and congratulations on coming out

10. Sam

Sam

Welcome to EC! congrats on coming out!

11. 24601

Congratulations, and welcome :slight_smile:

12. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off...Welcome to EC!!!:smilewave

I think your mom is trying to understand and this falls into the I don't really know how to react catagory. You see she most likely was taught( like everyone else) that homosexuality is wrong, but her love for you is challenging that. I say give it time to sink in, but also asure he that it is not a phase. I am glad that your sister seems to be suppoertive, that's a start.

You could go to your local library and get info on PFLAG...I'm sure our resident mother Beckyg could also help with that, let her read it. Good luck and let us know how things are going. We are a family here!!!(*hug*) :kiss: (&&&)

13. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi There and Welcome to EC! Congradulations on coming out!