1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way I Came Out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Darsch Hielle, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Darsch Hielle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I was at a marching band rehearsal, and it was lunch time. A whole bunch of us were gathered in part of our school's hallway, because we were hosting Spirit of Atlanta, a DCI corps, for their competition that was that night so they were using the cafeteria.

In the hallway is this little box cut out of the wall for some reason, about the size of an elevator shaft but part of it is blocked off from the front.
    Someone was like "Hm, I wonder what the point of that even was."

Friend 1: "That's where we banish the gays."

So immediately, the, like, six of us there that were something other than straight jumped up and squished into the compartment thing, where we apparently we were being "banished."

But.... I was so caught in the moment that I forgot I was only out to two people so far. Both of which were there in the compartment with me, by the way, but that's beside the point.

Friend 1: "What is [my name] doing in there? What?!" (Btw this friend is actually very homophobic, or at least was at the time.)
    Me: *Smiling/blushing/not saying anything*
    Friend 1: "[My name], is there something you need to tell us?"
    Me: "Well it's nothing of importance, so no, not really."

I ended up telling her later but that was honestly awesome, the whole "banishing the gays" thing. Great way to come out, too.

Anyone else have stories like this, where it wasn't necessarily the response that was funny like the other thread, but the method in which you came out that was funny?

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eusa_clap