1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally came out to my best friend!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tay98, Aug 24, 2016.

1. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So i finally came out to my best friend after hiding from her from so long. It's weird because we share pretty much everything with each other but i couldn't tell her that i'm bi. I told 3 other friends before and i think the reason why i didn't tell my best friend is because i care about her reaction the most. I just didn't want to loose her.
    So basically we were texting and somehow the topic of crushes came up and she asked me who i would date if i had to date a girl at school. And then we just kept talking about girls and she said "does this mean i'm bi" and i told her about the kinsey scale and she said she's a 2. Then she asked what i was and i said 3. Then she asked if that means i'm bi and i said yes.
    She immediately called me and we talked and cried for about an hour. Although she didn't react exactly as i hoped. She was totally accepting of the fact that i'm bi, however she was mad at me for keeping this from her for so long and telling our other friends before telling her. I honestly thought i had stuffed everything up at this point.
    The next day we spoke a bit more about it and she was totally cool and nothing has changed between us except for the fact that i feel like i can be more open around her.
    I'm just so happy that i've finally gotten this off my chest :slight_smile: