1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra! Extra! Read All About It: Fully Out To My Dad!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GayPugs, Aug 25, 2016.

1. GayPugs

Ah yes...the very last member of my family. Some of you may have seen my other thread about him but that was barely coming out. I just told him I'm Genderfluid and he was like, "Ok."
    But, this was a bit more extensive. So, every week my dad and I go get hot chocolate and talk a lot about stuff. Usually it's lighthearted stuff like the TV shows my dad and I like that the other members of my family hate. I love my dad, we like the same shows that my mom and my brother are apparently too intelligent for and we go to fairs together. But, he got this call that lasted forever and toward the end of the call he said, "Yeah. I have two kids. My son is 15 and my daughter is 13." Yeah, well, I'm not 15 so he couldn't possibly be talking about me but those ages do line up perfectly to me and my brother. Basically, it was completely obvious his "13-year-old daughter" was me. And being called a girl just made me feel really horrible. I went through therapy in my head sort of like, "What's the worst thing that could happen? He's your father, you know him, the worst thing that can happen is that he refuses to call me a boy." So, I told him how I felt: I am a boy and I don't want to be called a girl. We talked through it for a while and he was really great. He said how he can't really understand what it's like to be me but that he would never think of something like this and I explained to him that it's like he would never even think of thinking about a man in a sexual or romantic way because he just doesn't feel like that where as I would think about a woman in that way. It's kind of the same with gender...he's happy with the gender he was born so he would never think of something like this but since I'm not happy with the gender I was born I do think about it. Actually, I don't think about it, I don't need to. I know how I feel. And he understand, more or less. He said it's going to be a little hard but that he'll try to use male pronouns and terms for me more.
    My dad is the best, I don't even know why I was so worried! (!) (*hug*) (!)

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations

3. AnguishXx

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation: