1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Came Out to My Mom and it Went Surprisingly Well

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by toothlessdream, Sep 2, 2016.

1. toothlessdream

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I finally came out to my mom through text and it went well. I explained that I was 28 years old and I'm not "confused" and it's not that I "haven't found the right man." I told her that I wasn't going to live a sad, stagnant life anymore. Also, I told her it was normal for parents to go through a denial and grief process and that I would provide her with any literature or information she needed on the subject. I also told her that I love her but if she's going to treat me differently to let me know because I'm to the point of cutting toxic people out of my life. That's how isolated and depressed I've been and that I was at my breaking strain. Surprisingly, she told me she loves me no matter what and although she doesn't understand it she wants me to be happy. So here I am after 8 years in hell just having a good cry. I'm exhausted but I feel much better and much more hopeful of the future.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Congratulations, toothlessdream!(!)

Parents can surprise you (in this case VERY happily), but the truth is that ALL parents should put their unconditional love for their children before all other issues in their mind.

So glad you can move on now in your life WITH your mother's support!:slight_smile: That took a ton of courage. Now go be the awesome person you were born to be!:smilewave

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2016 at 06:50 PM ----------

Also, I really like your signature block reference to the Johannes Oerding song "Zurueck"!

#2 Quantumreality, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016