1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mom!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jeslee, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Jeslee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Soooo a couple days ago I told my mom I was gay, well kind of :lol: I know that both my parents, but especially my mom, have had an idea that I wasn't straight for a little while now. My mom would say things like "if you want to tell my anything, just know that you always can" and my dad would give hints that he knew as well. I always knew my parents were super accepting but I just was so nervous.

So a couple days ago my mom and I were just sitting and chatting, and she just started out with how when she was a kid she wasn't sure of her orientation because she never had strong emotional connections with guys as a teenager like she did with her female friends. She said that for her she actually did end up being straight because she couldn't see herself romantically with a woman but that she did question herself. Then she told me that if I was questioning myself, or if I know what I am, she would accept me no matter what. After that she told me how my dad and she have been thinking that possibly my best friend was actually my girlfriend because of how close we are (we are not together, but we are super close like sisters so I could understand where she is coming from). And my response was, "Well, her and I are just friends, but..." and she asked me if I was telling her I was gay without telling her and I said yes!

She was saying how great it was that I was sure of myself and I did tell her that I am not 100% sure, but then she asked if my other "option" of sorts was that I might be bi and once again I said yes. It feels so good to not be hiding it anymore and I am starting to feel like I could tell more people (and maybe actually say "I'm gay":lol:slight_smile:. And I'm going off to freshman year of college in 2 weeks so now I won't have to worry about telling my parents in college. So yeah I'm just really happy:slight_smile:

2. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Awesome! That is always the best feeling in the world!

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!:slight_smile: That really is awesome! I really love how your mom totally respected your privacy (your decision on whether or not you wanted to Come Out), yet made it abundantly clear that you could open up to her, if you wanted to and that you didn't have to worry about any negative reaction at all!:eusa_clap

Now, that's a huge load off your mind and you know you have unconditional love and support at home!

Best of luck and enjoy your college experience!:slight_smile: