1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My story...the short version

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zach, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Zach

I knew I was "different" all the way through my school years. I always liked "guy's" more than girls, back then, I could just never seem to admit it.
    I finally came out to my younger sister last year, and I asked her not to tell anyone else.
    Things were pretty cool ... for a few weeks, but then my sister blabbed about me to several family members. At first I was soooo... pi*sed off, but the end result was she basically told the rest of the family for me, and everyone she told has been cool about it. I just wish she would have let me tell the rest of my family that I was gay on my terms.

2. riddlerno1

It was fairly wrong of her to blab because coming out is actually a very personal thing, but take the positives from it. Your family were ok with the news and sound like they are very supportive.

3. Jim1454

Yes - sorry to hear that your sister couldn't keep things to herself. Some people are like that. But perhaps she knew better than you did that everyone would be cool with it. In the end she perhaps saved you from agonizing over when and how to tell your parents. It's often the hardest thing to do.

Anyway - congrats on being 'out'.

4. Mestiz0

Aww dude, sorry to hear that your sister did that. I would have been really pissed too! Haha. But hey! Everyone was cool with it yeah??

Congratz on your coming out!! :thumbsup:

5. xadude

that kinda sucks that she told ur family! I can imagine being pissed :icon_wink but good to hear everyone accepted :icon_bigg congrats!

6. Thisisnew

To bad your sis told your family but that's great that there cool with it. :slight_smile:

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's too bad that your sister didn't respect your wishes and outed you to the rest of the family. It's great that your family is cool with it.

Congratulations on being out! :slight_smile:

8. Zach

I didn't mention this when I originally posted "my story" (but I did say it was the short version :grin:) To add a bit more .... I did have a BF for around 1 year when I was 18, and it was great, but then all of a sudden he decided he wanted a wife and kids ..etc. I got dumped and I felt terrible. To make an even longer story short (I know ... too late :lol:slight_smile: he was the one that started our relationship, and after it ended I pretty much just gave up and I was happy being single for another 5 years.
    I think I'll make another thread this weekend and "spill my gut's" a bit more. :thumbsup:
    Stay tuned for "My Story ....part 2" ... the longer version :icon_wink

9. Just Adam

she shouldent of donw it but your out theyre accepting and you didnt have the major stress of looking at them trying to find the words lol so its all good in the end

10. Zach

Like I said.... stay tuned for part 2 this weekend. It get's even better :icon_bigg In a way I'm glad she blabbed, because if she hadn't blabbed I'd still be stuck where I've been for the past few years. .....to be continued :icon_wink