1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just came out to the ex-wife

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by aerwolfen, Mar 21, 2009.

1. aerwolfen

well it was very hard for me this morning to come up with the words,i was so nervous shaking hands and watery eyes,i claimed to be very excited and happy,then she asked," are you gay?" to my surprise, " yes !" how did you know,i asked she claimed to see a few signs from the past but really was unsure,it was a great feeling for her to understand and most importantly accept, my new found freedom that bound me before coming out,i told her that i just want us to best friends,someone i can talk intimately with when i need to,my first true supporter, and i could not be any happier,still waiting for my sister to come around and talk with me,i understand she may need more time to adjust with the idea of it,and i'm understanding with that,but at the same point alittle dis-appointed with the lack of openess and understanding on her part,who i thought would be the first to understand and accept. but coming out to my ex is a great stress releiver, and its storys from everyone here on the forums that give me the strength to carry on,for that i thank all who posted with warming arms and generous hearts,thankyou all for that.

2. epiphanies

Congrats for coming out to your ex, and I hope your sister comes around soon.

3. Just Adam

its great your ex understands and allready knew and i hope your sister does come round congrats you took a big step

x

4. s5m1

Congratulations. You are very lucky to have such a supportive ex.

5. aerwolfen

hi all just update got email from my sister who has been under the weather,thats why her delay in getting back to me,she says she has no problem with me coming out,and still wants me to visit her this summer,she also said if i'm really serious about what i say,she holds no ill feeling,but in the back of my head she still hopes its some kind of joke,so is what i'm getting from between the lines,not outwordly excited for me just understanding,i guess i'll take what ever i can get,just glad she is on board.thanks for everyones replys,means alot,thankyou.

6. Rob13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! That is so good to be close to an ex like that! I never got married to a girl or anything... A bit young to do so anyways... But I have a very close friend that I dated for 8 months in high school I def didn't lose my emotional connections with her. I hope the same stays for you! It seems like it will. Sounds like your sister is well on her way too! :slight_smile:

Congratz!

Rob