1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my sister!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Kim Possible, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Kim Possible

Today I told my sister that I'm attracted to women. She was begging to know my secret, so I texted her. She replied that she already knew because she read something I wrote a few years ago and she read a text from my gay friend. Then, of course, she stuck in some awkward conversation about Raven Symone and said she won't tell my mom I'm bi. Except I'm not bi! I replied that I'm not bi and I don't have a label. Then she says, oh! So you must be a lesbian! And I just said again, I don't use labels. I do personally identify as gay but I'm not completely comfortable with myself to scream it out and I also feel like telling others my label kind of boxes me in in their mind and if I ever were to date a man, in their mind it would invalidate not only my sexuality but all LGBT people. I know I'm supposed to feel relieved that I told her and she reacted positively, but I feel so weird now like our relationship is never going to be the same. That and I'm still not comfortable with myself ☹️ Just had to blurt that out to someone other than my two LGBT friends, lol!

2. Stellalune

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been hinting to my little sister for some time now, but I don't think she'll ever figure it out unless I straight up tell her. I mean:

Sister: Who's your crush?

Me: Not telling.

S: Are they annoying?

Me: No.

S: I thought all boys your age were annoying.

Me: ...

S: But he isn't, right. I get it.

3. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand how you're feeling. I don't use labels too for the same reason you stated; it puts up boundaries and destroys society's mind if you happen to date a guy. Plus, stereotypes. Is she acting differently around you now? I doubt her opinion changed towards you just because you like girls. Btw congrats on your coming out, takes courage heh ^^