1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out to my friend :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tofuplease, Mar 21, 2009.

1. tofuplease

I came out to my friend Cali last night!! We'd kind of been talking about sexuality the day before because this other girl on our softball team asked me to ask Cali if she was straight because she liked her (it's on my blog... looong story...) So I asked her on the phone if she liked the girl back and she said "I don't really know, can we hang out later and talk about it?"

So we hung out later at my house and then we started talking about it. My friend asked me to hold up my hands and she said "okay, this hand is liking guys and this hand is liking girls, and I think I'm pretty much here (much closer to liking guys) because I've liked girls before but I mostly like guys and I like guys more generally, like I find them more attractive." I said that was fine and then I said "I'm kind of the opposite... like, I have liked some guys, but I think I like girls more..." And she was totally fine with it! :grin: She asked me some questions about it, like were there any girls I liked; did I know if I was bi or lesbian to which I said I wasn't sure.

We talked for a while and I told her about some of the girls I'd liked in the past we also talked about her. But, oh my god, i'm just so glad I told somebody!!!!!!! :grin:

And we talked about coming out at school/to parents... because I'm not really sure if I want to come out yet at school. I want to come out at school, but I'm kind of afraid of the consequences... I mean, there's a GSA and there are openly gay/bi/lesbian people at my school, but they're all in the grades above us and I don't really think my grade would be that accepting (aside from a few of my close friends). I'm kind of afraid that people will treat me differently if I do- like if I hang out with my girl friends, will they think that I like like them? And now I really want to tell my mom... so any advice on that??

:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. Just Adam

yay welldone you did great no big fuss just a calm chat everything normal i hope it goes well at school and home and you get the support :grin:

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done, sounds like you have a really great friend there. It's up to you what you want to do, but if you're not sure try and take small steps. You say that you have a few close friends you could tell, so I'd tell them first before coming out to the whole school. I'm not sure how a GSA works, but if there's someone who runs the group, or one of the members from the grades above you that you could talk to or give you advice on how to become involved in the group.

As for you mum, I'm not sure what the best way to do it is (i'm still waiting myself), but one good idea is for you to write a letter. It'll give you a chance to say everything you want to say

4. Mestiz0

Congrats on coming out to your friend! She seems like a great one. Make sure you keep that friendship strong. I am sorry about the mother though, I don't want to give any advice on that considering I have yet to come out to my own mother.

So any advice given on that will be followed by myself as well. :icon_bigg

But great job on coming out to your friend and I am glad it is making you happy! :thumbsup: