1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to four friends!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by PinkButch, Sep 14, 2016.

1. PinkButch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This week was the mandatory school camp for my school, and since I have a huge tent the teachers said I could have four tentmates :slight_smile: We'll call them Elle, Tara, Nicole and Tia.

It was our first night, Sunday evening. We had all showered and brushed our teeth, and had an hour of free time before bed. Everyone in our tent gathered around a torch and played a mix of confession, truth or dare or fmk. I was quietly reading a book, and Tia asked me who my crush was. Everyone else had already shared theirs, and they insisted it was only fair.

It took a minute to spit it out, but I confessed to them that I like girls, and I don't think I like guys. The L word still seems a little foreign in my mouth.

You should have seen their faces light up! They were all so happy for me. Elle hugged me and thanked me for telling them. Tara actually came out to me as well, saying that she's bicurious. I have a feeling that Nicole knew already, since she had this knowing little smirk on her face.

A few things they said put me off though... Elle remarked that she wished she was gay because "boys are such buttholes", and Tia was jealous because "it must be so much easier not to worry about boys!" I didn't say anything, but I found it a bit insensitive. I mean, come on! They actually think it's easier? Please.

Tia pointed out that I still hadn't told who my crush was, but the others defended me, saying I had already revealed so much. I'm really glad I didn't have to tell! Because Elle is my crush... and Nicole is really beautiful too.

So that was my first time coming out! I hope to come out to my older sister next week when I visit her, and then maybe a few more friends. I'm really excited!

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, PinkButch!:slight_smile: That was really brave of you!:thumbsup: I'm so happy that it went so well. Now you have a support base of friends with whom you can just be you! Don't worry about the "bit insensitive" comments they made. They just don't understand. That's ignorance, not hate. If they hang out with you, they'll learn to better understand what it means to be LGBTQ.

More Power to YOU!:slight_smile:

#2 Quantumreality, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  3. ABeautifulMind

I found myself chuckling... How funny that Elle is the crush... boys are such buttholes indeed lol... that should be your response next time :grin:

with out the lol

Congrats :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. killswitch0029

Congrats! Glad to hear it went well :slight_smile:

5. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow! Congratulations! I can't imagine that going any better than it did. Super happy for you (*hug*)