1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Crisalide, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *trumpet triumph song*
    I've just come out to my father. :grin: (bisexual)
    It's gone well, but the sad thing is that he warmly suggested me not to tell my mother. I know she would make a scene, an enormous scene, maybe she would shout something like: "you're not my daughter anymore". She once said that homosexuals are God's punishment to parents for previous sins (wtf).
    I just wish I could be out to the whole world. But I must stay closeted "on the street" because I don't want my mother to know I'm bisexual by rumors.
    Anyway, I'm so happy I removed "likes men" from my social profiles. I feel like I've rid myself of a weird, voluminous lie, like a jacket of a size four times larger than mine, worn on summer.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, Crisalide!:thumbsup: That was a very brave thing to do!

I'm both happy and sad for you. Now, at least you have your Dad on your side and you can just be YOU with him. I'm sorry that your mother probably won't be understanding or accepting at all. And you should probably take his advice about not coming out to her - at least not anytime soon. That's probably going to make things a bit awkward, but at least you've got Dad.

And be careful with your social media, too. Couldn't your mom potentially hear rumors from people who see your social media almost as easily as from people 'on the street?'

Take Care. Stay strong and proud!:slight_smile:

3. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the support :slight_smile:
    Me and my mother have different tastes about social networks, so we use different ones. Anyway, if someone tells her that I removed "likes men", I can say that it's because strangers continuously try to flirt with me on socials (which is true) and that it bothers me (which is not true: I really don't mind. I ignore.): maybe removing "likes men" won't make me look like I'm desperately searching for a partner.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excellent, you already have that thought out! I just thought I'd mention it, to be safe.

Good Luck!

Take Care.:slight_smile: