1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What an amazing sense of relief!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mack83, Mar 22, 2009.

1. mack83

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Over the last month or two, I'd finally come to terms with being gay, but was completely lost in terms of coming out. I'd decided that the first person I wanted to tell was my close friend and boss who is also a lesbian. Trouble was I had feelings for her. Fast forward to the last two weeks and I've been a complete mess! I've got myself really depressed as I felt like I was bottling up, desparate to say something.
    Then, on friday night, I went out with her and another work friend I was the worst company! Both of them knew something was wrong but I still couldn't bring myself to say anything. Then I went out last night with another group of friends and I could not stop thinking about it all so made my excuses and headed over to my friend's house to finally talk.
    She was amazing. She guessed, which saved me having to say it and went on to say all the right things to ease my mind and ask all of the right questions to get me thinking about all the things I need to consider to get my head in order. She was sharing her own experience of coming out and that helped to so much. She was so supportive and the relief I feel now is fantastic! I know I've still got a mountain to climb but knowing she will be there every step is making it all seem so much easier. Even better, I've totally got over my feelings for her, after seeing what an amazing friend she is.
    I had felt like I needed to tell all the most important people in my life really quickly but now I feel I can take my time and do it at a pace I am comfortable.
    I am so, so glad I talked to her, I will be forever grateful to C and her support. I feel 10 stone lighter!!!

2. Greggers

Thats amazing! Wow, to have a lesbian boss and friend in one? That must be great :slight_smile:

(*hug*) Congrats, feels great dont it? :slight_smile: And welcome to EC!

3. Just Adam

wellcome and great to hear :grin:

4. hiddendc4

That's great to hear, its always nice to have someone who you can talk to.

BTW welcome to EC

5. Mickey

Wow,what a great story! Your friend sounds like an awesome person. It's always so much easier when you have someone to confide in,who knows what you're going through.
    That's what I like the most about EC,too. There are people here who really care and are willing to listen and share their life's experiences with others.
    I wish you the best and congrats with coming to terms with your homosexuality. Many of us have been there and know how hard these things can be. Good luck!

6. xadude

thats really awesome! And indeed u don't have to rush coming out once u have someone to talk about it...

7. Magnet

Congrats :thumbsup: Thats a grate story :slight_smile:

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, welcome and congratulations.

9. mack83

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for your comments. It's amazing how much better I feel now! She has been so great over last 2 days. Feel so lucky!

10. mack83

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have just spoken to my best friend and told her, she was so cool and just glad I didn't turn out to be ill after I said I needed to talk! She was so supportive and said she didn't care who I was attracted to, she loves me not my sexuality. She knows I'm not going to change who I am just because I am gay. She even had an inkling already, just never felt like she wanted to ask me about it, in case I got upset. Phew, 2 down!!!

11. Peter76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Fantastic News! Congratulations! Sounds like you've got some really genuine friends, good for you!

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I am happy for you that you were able to come out to your friends and that it went so well. That's awesome! :slight_smile:

13. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Wow, that's great! You're truly lucky to have such a supportive, awesome sounding friend. :grin:

14. mack83

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I seem to be on a roll at the moment. Had dinner at my sister's and felt like it was the right time. I've been terrified about telling her, so scared she would react badly. She already knew!! Couldn't have saved me the stress and trouble! She was so supportive and completely ok with it all. My coming out seems to be going so well at the moment that I can't help feeling I'm going to hit a massive bump soon, and I have a horrible feeling it will be my parents.

15. Mickey

Yeah,parents are usually the hardest to come out to.
    You're on a roll,and that's fantastic. Just do things at your own speed.
    I'd say you're doing it right,coming out to those you KNOW will be cool with it.
    Maybe your sister can give you advice about the parents. She can probably even help you with them. I mean,she knows them,as well as you do!
    I wish you the best and congratulations,again,on all you've done,this far.

16. mack83

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Another friend told. I'd made the decision to give myself a break after telling my sister and the next would be my parents but this friend had known something was really wrong over the last few weeks. I felt like it would ease her mind and know I wasn't dying or something! She was really cool, but I knew she would be as her sister is gay and we work together so my gay/ outing guide friend is also her boss too. She announced we are heading straight to Smiths (local gay club) as soon as I'm ready. Shes a reguar there with a gay male friend. Can't believe how great my friends and sister have been. Does mean that I'm even more likely to handle a negative reaction in a bad way.

17. mack83

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, for now, my coming out story is complete. I told my parents last night, together, not how I had planned but they were amazing. Again, already knew!! They were completely cool with it all. I am so relieved!

18. Mercy

Mercy Guest

*bug congrats hug *

19. bwhopper

bwhopper Guest

im still very much in the closet, and i can only imagine the sense of relief about being open and honest to everyone. congratulations

20. Sadepeura

That's amazing!!! Congratulations for coming out! I'm so glad it all went to well!

I just always wonder how everyone already knows. :grin: That seemed to be the case in most of your stories. Freaky but relieving at the same time, isn't it? :slight_smile: