1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out as Bisexual to Bestie

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by cocoyo, Oct 5, 2016.

1. cocoyo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I joined this forum really recently after feeling like something had changed. I've always been fairly open about being attracted to both men and women, but as many bisexual people know, voicing your sexual desires or romantic feelings for more than one gender is often dismissed or ridiculed. Even some of the most open-minded people cannot seem to grasp that bisexuality is an actual orientation and not just "a phase" or "the result of feeling confused".

Because of this, I have always felt pressured to identify as straight. Especially, because I am currently in a long term relationship with a member of the opposite sex. I guess I just stuffed my other feelings away and only brought them up as a joke or a fantasy.

Over the last year, however, I've been more open with my partner. I haven't labeled it or come out explicitly. But I think he's starting to catch on. Yet, it still feels like something is missing.

I realized I wanted to reach out to others and involve myself more in the LGBTQIA+ community so I could explore and further understand my sexuality. So I came here and finally acknowledged my feelings.

The last forty-eight hours or so have brought up a lot of questions, doubts, fears, happiness, memories, etc. But overall it feels good to finally be able to talk about this. Once I got such a welcoming response from the EC community I decided to come out to my best friend. I had to write her an email because she lives across the country. But it just flowed out and she wrote me back right away! As it turns out she is kind of questioning/bi-curious so we have a lot to talk about. She said she was underwhelmed by my "coming out" as she kind of already knew just from her own observation. But she was really encouraging and supportive.

So yay!

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's wonderful, cocoyo! Congratulations!:thumbsup:

Now you have someone who knows you with whom you can be open and not have to worry about hiding a part of yourself! Plus, it sounds like, in addition to supporting each other, the two of you may be able to help each other as you explore your own sexualities!:slight_smile:

#2 Quantumreality, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  3. cocoyo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks!