1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my brother :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Geek, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So my brother and his girlfriend just broke up and so he was really sad and decided to visit home (lives in another state).

Anyways he's been having mental health issues lately and finally started feeling normal after taking some drugs. I had my wisdom teeth removed today and he drove me and we hung out and talked a lot today about life and mental health. Besides helping each other with our own mental health issues (which I hadn't told anyone about), he asked if I was gay or bi.

I told him I was bi and he had such a great reaction (which I was expecting but still). He then was talking about how annoyed by religion he was and how angry the Pulse Shooting made him.

I haven't been close to my brother for a LONG time and it was nice to have a heart to heart with my sister and my brother today :slight_smile:

2. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Geek,

That's great that he reacted so well and that he knows now. You might find that without that as a secret between you, you'll be able to become closer to him.

Really great news. :slight_smile:

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Geek! That's wonderful! Congratulations!:slight_smile:

4. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    yeah he thinks dating and moving out from my parents house would be good for my mental heath. My whole thing is that I don't think its fair to date someone if you can't even control your mental heath yet.

5. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Geek,

Both sound like good ideas but don't pressure yourself if you can't do it anytime soon. Both are things you can work on as and when you are ready.

Not to be flippant but if we all waited to date people until our mental health was spot on no one would ever date. If you want to work on managing your mental health that's good but don't put off dating because of it. However, you don't have to date before you are ready either. Basically, whatever you decide to do, don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself and do things as you feel ready for them. Just enjoy the fact that you can speak to your brother about things now. :slight_smile: