1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trust

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by james10001, Oct 16, 2016.

1. james10001

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i have tried for year's how to tell my family about my feelings i now they wont accept it they would just reject me i had a friend who i trusted i told him how i felt he turned is back on me i have never seen him since then people started to talk behind my back i would get dirty looks and notes left on my locker door at work that's when i left my job and moved to London well away from my family and home i was asked by members of my family if it was true i told them it wasn't i have kept myself to my self i new i was different from the age of 8 and have lived with the pain ever since yes i have been to gay clubs and pubs i have always been a loner my first time was when i was 12 i was in the park when that took place it would be nice to talk to someone

2. Gay Deputy

my bf had an almost similar experience. His older sister attempted to come out as a lesbian and was immediately disowned by their parents. (She had since married s man and had a child). I could tell my bf was hurting and it wouldn't go away until he came out. I promised to take care of him no matter what happened with his parents. He chose a weekend when his dad was out of town on a hunting trip. He came out to his mother and she flipped shit...which we expected. She'd thought we were only friends and had even paid for us to go on a cruise for his bday. She paid for my trip so he'd hvs someone with him who was a lil older. She couldn't get pst the idea that she'd sent her gay son and his bf on a cruise. She immediately called his dad and told him. His dad called him and was EXTREMELY caring, loving, and understanding. He said leave your mom to me. He got back from his trip and by the end of the weekend we were invited to supper to talk things out. Fast forward 2 years and we are all great friends. His mom calls me just to chit chat and we've gone on several weekend get always with them. She even tells me she loves me.

I guess all that was to say it can get better with time. Some people just need that time to get comfortable with it. We still don't display affection around her just because we figure it's the least we could do. Keep your chin up and charge on my man. It really does not matter what others think...as long as you're happy with yourself. I hope this all works out for you!

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've mentioned this on the forum several times already but I will share it again. I came out to my mom who told me that she would not say anything to the rest of the family because that is something she felt I should do when I am ready to do so. However, as soon as I left her home she told everyone in the family what I shared with her about my sexuality and from that point on...I was abandoned by family. I even went to the extreme of trying to buy their love with expensive gifts, etc. until it came apparent that they were using me. Once I decided to stop buying them...I was completely abandoned from attending family events such as Thanksgiving, Birthdays, Christmas,etc. for years. Initially, I was very hurt by their actions but as time progressed...I accepted it and moved on. Even to this day...they all still have issues with me being a gay man and you would have thought that after all of this time that things would have gotten better ...but they have not. The only difference is that I don't care anymore. I've become so independent, very strong and self sufficient in so many ways and have created my own family with my friends and their families have accepted me as one of their own over the years. However, this is just my situation and that does not mean that things will not get better for you because as Deputy Gay mentioned in his response..some people just need time to adjust to things and things could very well work out for the best for you. Best wishes...JS