1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toughest words in my life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by fulofbul, Mar 27, 2009.

1. fulofbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had been planning to come out my flatmate and his gf (both very good friends of mine) soon and yesterday after a nice dinner at a brazilian buffet restaurant, i finally did it.

It wasn't really planned for yesterday night but i already know what i am going to say if i did. I felt that i had and wanted to say it during dinner at the restaurant, but it was so noisy and crowded and i thought i might get a chance afterwards instead. Then, we left the restaurant and we started walking to the bus stop. To get there, we will pass the apartment of a guy that i like and has been meeting for a while(though we are not in a relationship). Suddenly i started feeling ..........(many feelings here and dont know how to describe), but i had to tell them now coz i cannot keep lying to them anymore.

I stopped my flatmate and his gf just one block from that guy's apartment and told them i had something important to tell them. As i faced them, i was getting ready to say "I am gay" but everytime i got so nervous, scared and etc etc that the words just wont come out. I kept trying and trying to say(at least 10 tries) but it just wont come out. My flatmate and his gf are now getting anxious and worried at the same time. Finally, after a mighty big breath, i said it................ They took it pretty well and we started chatting and actually ended up walking home(which is a whopping 1 hour plus walk).

Its the morning after today and i felt really really relieved. For the first time i know that i would not have to lie if i am going out to do meet this guy or play tennis with my gay social group or other things "gay" related which i have to conjure some story to cover it before. I also hope that it will be a stepping stone for my "coming out" journey so that hopefully it will not be so hard the next time.

I would just like to say that EC had a big big role in inspiring me to do this. I just joined a few weeks ago and has been reading so many of the entries here that is sooooooooo helpful. i guess i am an EC junkie now......

Thanks guys and girls

Hendry

2. Peter76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations Hendry! What a great outcome, proud of you and thanks for being part of this EC community which is really supporting me in the coming out journey.

3. xadude

Congrats! Indeed the first time might be hard but every time you do you feel great about having done it! And I guess another junkie is on EC :icon_bigg

4. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Excellent job dude!!!. Dnt you feel better now that you are starting to show others who you really are!!??!!

5. Zach

I know how tough it is to come out to someone, especially the first time. The first person I tried to tell knew something was up, but I just couldn't bring myself to say the words "I'm gay". He took me out for a drink, and after a couple of drinks, I tried to tell him again that I was gay, but I was still having trouble saying it (I had never uttered those words outloud before) He noticed I was still trying to tell him something, and he just took my hand in his and asked "are you possibly trying to tell me you're gay" I said "BINGO" and darn near passed out :lol:frowning2:!)

6. EM68

Congrats! The first time is the hardest. Good job!

7. Mickey

Good job! I'm happy for you that your friends were so cool about it.
    I know how relieved you must feel. Keep up the good work! It seems to get easier,every time you come out. The first time is definitely the hardest. I applaud you for your strength and courage. Good luck.

8. Mestiz0

Hendry! That's amazing! Great job dude!!!

And also, I am really jealous you have a Gay Group for Tennis!!! I just recently started playing and I LOVE to play...but I can't find any groups...gay or not :frowning2:

9. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Congrats man, I actually came out to two of my friends for the first time today as well, glad to hear you're feeling relief the next day! Well done dude!

10. Just Adam

welldone man thats a job welldone great to have teh courage to tell those close to you now enjoy your life openly :grin:

11. aerwolfen

well done indeed,i am hoping to meet my friend tmmr as well,to tell him,i too hope it works out so i can be as happy as your are,.