1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DangerousDan, Oct 24, 2016.

1. DangerousDan

DangerousDan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know its been a long time since I posted but this website was so useful to me a few months back when I was finding things really quite difficult, I just wanted to let everyone know that things finally worked out in the end.

Saturday just gone I was drinking this big bottle of vodka, as you do being a uni student (well actually I was drinking alone because I missed my big brother who died a few years back). Anyway at about 12 in the morning I called my parents up and before I had a chance to think about what I was doing I had already told them I was gay. :grin:

I then went round the flat laughing like a hysterical madman yelling out what I did at the top of my voice so I'm pretty sure half of the flat knows as well, apparently my friend had to put me to bed 3 times but I reckon it was worth it really.

Who would've guessed, it only took me moving to uni and a bottle of vodka, now the whole world knows. I don't know what my parents think and to be honest I don't really care, I'm surrounded by awesome flatmates who are happy for me and that's been really amazing. :slight_smile:

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, DangerousDan! :thumbsup: I'm very glad your flatmates have been so accepting and supportive! I hope things go just as well with your family!:slight_smile:

3. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!!

I have considered this route in telling my parents.

I am sorry to hear about you losing your brother I cant imagine the loss.