1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out Durring Laundrey

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by KarraSnow, Nov 2, 2016.

1. KarraSnow

So I had been dating a girl (Lets call her India) for a few months. Me an India were best friends and although I wasn't completely sure I liked girls, I had asked her out. India didn't want me to come out, to embarrassing. I however had always grown up in a very supportive family. My mom and dad told me since it was young that it was okay if I was gay. I was a bit scarred though since my dad blatantly said he didn't believe in Bisexuality and my mom laughed when i tried to hint at it in the car.

So I came into my parents bedroom while my mom, dad, and little brother were sorting laundry. I was running on pure adrenaline and I just blurted out that me and India were dating and I liked girls. At that point I ran for the Bathroom and hid in there. I was in there for three minutes before I got sick of waiting. I walked back into my parents room, and they were still folding laundry. Its not like they were ignoring it, they just didn't care. It was kind of like that college humor coming out video. I was pretty pissed that nobody even cared.

Now days me and India are still together, although he goes by Elliot now. He is my best friend in the whole world and I couldn't imagine not being with him. Surprisingly my mom is really weird about transgenders. Never know what going to be a touchy subject for parents.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on Coming Out (kind of), KarraSnow! That was a very brave thing to do!

It's great that your parents are generally accepting of the LGBTQ community, but is sounds like they need some education on the realities of sexuality and gender identity that we live with. If they (or at least your Dad) can't comprehend that Bisexuality exists, it's probably no surprise that they won't understand your Pansexuality, let alone comprehend Transsexuality. Do you think there is any chance that you could get them to interact with a local chapter of PFLAG so that they could talk to other parents of LGBTQ children and start to learn more about the true spectrum of sexuality and gender identity?

#2 Quantumreality, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016