1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So i'm out now!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SAGUY84, Mar 30, 2009.

1. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Well, i figured it was time i posted my coming out story, incase it helps anyone here with their own coming out.

I went through my teenage years in denial about being gay. I only accepted it when i was about 20ish. I met my first bf when i was 21, and he was 17. About a week after we had met, i rang him to check to make sure he got home from work ok, as it was about midnight when he finished. His mum was very controlling (took all his money from him working) and asked who was calling him so late. So he told her everything, and she flipped out, hit him, and then told him to leave there and then. He rang me and told me what happened, so i said he can come and live with me (i still lived with my parents, in a granny flat out the back). So, my coming out to my parents was forced somewhat, meaning, i probably wouldn't have done it, if he didn't need somewhere to live. My parents took it great (which i didn't doubt), and said it was fine for him to move in, but it would take time for them to adjust to it.

A week ago, that relationship ended, and one of the reasons was because i wasn't out to anyone, and no-one knew about our relationship. I didn't take this breakup very well, and people knew i wasn't my normal positive self, and kept asking whats wrong until i gave i and told them. I figured, i might aswell start fresh now that that chapter of my life is over.

Couldn't have gone better for me. I told about 6 people in the last week (before that, only my parents and 1 friend on msn knew, for the whole 3 years), and all took it well. The guy i'd consider one of my best mates (that i've known for like 6 years) took the longest to convince. He said 'Thats cool if true but I would be pissed if you are bullshiting me right now'. He didn't care, and i got the 20 questions thing, because i'm his first gay mate. His depth that he wanted to know about was abit weird at first, because he wanted to know EVERYthing. But i answered everything for him. In the end we spent about 2 hours on msn talking about it, so we got everything out the way right then. He was also really helpful so i could deal with the breakup easier.

I also told an older female friend i have. I knew she wouldn't care, as she's very laid back, all she said was she was disappointed we live in a world where i had to actually announce my sexuality to her. But she said it made sense why i always isolated myself from people while i was in the denial stages earlier on.

The last person i told, was a guy i've never met, but always talk cars on msn. Were both kinda the same personality type, so i figured what the hell, i might aswell get everyone out of the way at the same time. This is some of the stuff he said, which was a good laugh.

I also changed my myspace to show the orientation now, so anyone who bothers to look will also know.

2. EM68

Congrats!!

3. Just Adam

congrats on coming out sos about the relationship though but you can start fresh and move on with a happy out life :slight_smile:

4. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Cheers guys. I don't really feel any different (just as i didn't when i first told my parents) so not sure about the high people talk about when coming out.

My mates have all known me for years, so they know who i am (i don't fit many stereotypes, as i'm really straight acting), they just didn't know what i did in the bedroom, and now they do.

5. Mickey

I'm sorry about your break-up. Congratulations on your coming out,though! Welcome to your new life,out of that damn closet.

6. Jacobs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!!

7. Ben

Ben

Ah that's awesome that everyone has taken it well. And the whole questions thing is pretty good because it shows that he's interested! :slight_smile: Congratulations :grin:

8. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Yeah, we've been mates for ages, cruise together (driving), watch motor racing together etc. He knew everything about me, besides my sexuality, so it should strengthen the friendship more now that he knows everything.

He really was a noob when it came to gay people, he said to me 'i'm abit of a homophobe' but i made sure he knew he wasn't a homophobe, he was just uneducated.
    He was even interested in the 'sex' aswell, (like if i was the giver or the taker haha) then he asked about the oral, and i said its just as natural to me, as going down on your missus is for you!

9. Myke

Myke Guest

Sounds like you've been through a lot, I'm glad everything turned out alright. Congrats!!

10. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Its been a bumpy ride, but if i went back, i wouldn't change a thing!

11. Bryan44

Congrats!!

12. Alex19

13. Magnet

Congratulations :thumbsup:

14. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Glad that it went so well :slight_smile:

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations! Has your ex made any progress with his parents?

16. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Were not on talking terms.

17. Defender

Defender Guest

Great job :grin:, I like how your best mate asked all of the questions and stuff etc.!

18. Colly

Well Done Mate

19. aerwolfen

well done and congrats, but secretly you knew it would,lol.

20. who am I

Out Status:
    Not out at all