1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at work.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DAFriend, Nov 10, 2016.

1. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm out to everyone, not shy about being LGBTQ either but, not too long ago, at a new job that didn't know yet, it got pretty funny.

I was in a chat with my supervisors and co workers, first day on the job. (company has offices in several countries so, we have a private chat for employees.)

Now one of my supervisors there, I'll call him Jim {not his real name} is the one that usually bans people form the forums for that company. he post a lot too and, to subscribers is a total meanie. You see him post, you cringe in fear - somebody posted something they shouldn't have if he is posting in the thread and, he's tough, you don't want to upset Jim.

So anyway, we are in company chat, Jim is there, but hidden so, i don't know he's there. Tech support is slow so, we are chatting, and they are trying to get to know me. Someone asks me who is my best friend.

I reply that it's my friend Jo {not real name} but, it kind of weird because he calls me his hag and, I don't identify as female.

Jim immediately replies "OMG you're a fag hag? Ahaha. I love that term and they only use it in the US."

So I reply "Yeah, well if a genderqueer poly/pan can be a hag anyway."

Jim comes back with a line of smile emoticons and "Yeah you can, I'm mostly male but a bit queer, gay, drag queen."

We got a lot of "..." and "meep." from the rest of chat as we went on discussing ourselves, laughing and sharing pics for a good half an hour.

Finally Jim asks "So, you need another fag? i need a hag. Call me." and gave me his number.

Long story of how fast our friendship grew and all of the difficulties we've both had since in our personal lives and, the uncanny number of things we have in common but, what a fun way to come out and, make a great friend in the process.

Also got three other in that chat out that were not out and, supposed bad meanie Jim is anything but. he's funny, loves to joke around, friendly and just a good person - just don't tell the forums he moderates that. LOL

2. Guff

That's 1 way to come out. LOL

3. killswitch0029

Glad to hear things took a positive turn for you :slight_smile: