1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's my story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Its my life, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Its my life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone! My name is Trey. My story started about 5 years ago....
    I went through high school in the closet. Of course had girlfriends to cover up what I had buried for so long. Each year got worse and worse....I went in to a depression state and I started using drugs to numb everything. I was very bad off on meth for the last 2 years of school.

Shortly after I graduated I decided I didn't want to be that person anymore. I wanted to be me, because after all IT IS MY LIFE! I didn't come out just yet though. I was scared! Scared about how everyone would look at me. Scared to loose friends and family. Coming out to my family was my worst fear...

About 2 years ago I met this man that turned everything around! By then I had been clean for a little over a year. We hit it off the first night we met

It wasn't until I met him that I was ready to come out to the world, and be me! I had always told myself when I meet that one person I would never want to let go of I would come out.
    I moved in with him ( my roommate) and shortly after, it was time to tell my family. It didn't go as planned, unfortunately. My mom was trying to hook "my roommate" up with one of her co-workers! Her co-worker ended up knowing my roommate! She then told my mom that he was gay.
    My mom calls me and asked if he was gay. I wasn't going to lie. I simply told her yes he is. There was a long pause.... then she asked if I was. I pause for a moment.. I told her yes mom I am.... I didn't talk to my mom for a good month. She wouldn't talk to me. She disowned me. It's ok I was prepared to loose my Bestfriend (mom) at this point. Cause I was tired of living a lie! I wasn't going to allow myself to go back to drugs.

During the time not talking to my mom, I made myself sick. Having very bad panic attacks and anziety.

A month later she called me one day and asked for me and my "roommate" to come eat at there house. We did. That night it was all laid out in the table and we left.

That was about 2 years ago...
    today I am still living with my "roommate"! Lol
    We bought a house closer to my parents and we have been together ever since I moved in with him! We just recently made 2 years together:slight_smile: and I can't be any happier with him! I don't know what I would do with out him!

Hope my story helps someone,
    Trey

2. Gay Deputy

Welcome aboard baby! Everyone, I'd like y'all to meet my bf, Trey. I'm extremely proud of all he has accomplished and the road he has traveled. It was rough for awhile but we made it through his coming out.

I asked him to join this site and share his story. Substance abuse is a grave concern to our community and he has first hand knowledge of it. I ask that any of you going through a similar problem, please feel free to leave him a message. You have help!

I love you babe. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm proud of you!

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2016 at 01:42 PM ----------

...and his mother did come around. We have spent weekends at the lake together, we eat at their house weekly if not several times a week, she's said she loves me, and she calls me to chit chat.

Things DO get better!

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What an awesome story...I am so happy for the both of you and I wish you much continued happiness. Thanks for sharing. I love seeing gay couples in love with each other and supporting each other during their journeys.

4. Its my life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awe thank you babe!! If it wasn't for you, I don't know where I'd. E today

5. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love this. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

6. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nice to meet you!

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Trey! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile: Thanks for sharing your story!

8. Its my life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank y'all! Nice too meet y'all as well