1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 1st Person I Told

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by REGular Crisps, Nov 13, 2016.

1. REGular Crisps

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to one of my instructors (who happens to be a very close friend of mine) on October 4,2016. It was a strange period of time no doubt. I was in my design class sketching and I couldn't stop thinking about my circumstances. I had already told my instructor that I was hiding something from him and everyone else in my life and he told me that I could tell him whenever i was ready. While I was sketching I made up my mind to come out to my instructor.

I actually almost texting him while my professor was giving his lecture but something told me it would be better to tell the man in person. For some extremely odd reason the walk to his class wasn't filled with anxiousness, it the moment I saw his face that I almost turned around and left. I totally beat around for the next two longest minutes of my life! I kept saying this like, "I'm ready to tell you my secret." and "I'm so nervous." When I was actually ready to tell him I decided I couldn't say the words, which I deeply regret.... I wrote it on a stick note and handed it to him :icon_bigg

He read it and asked, "That's all?" with the most sweet concerned tone I've ever heard in my life. He gave me a hug and I was so close to tears I still don't know why I didn't cry.

If you're having trouble coming out for the first time I suggest you find that one person you feel super comfortable around. That person for me was my instructor... who is that person in your life?

2. Guff

That's awesome that he was so supportive and didn't make a big deal out of something that really should not be one.
    I'm glad you have a supportive person in your life, seriously... That's great. Like fantastic that you got someone. I'd do most anything to have 1 person who accepts me. LOL Cherish it.

3. REGular Crisps

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Guff, don't worry you will find that one person who accepts you for you, flaws and all!

4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for sharing your story with us, that instructor of yours sounds awesome.

The first person I came out to about my sexuality was my best friend. That was when they came out to me as asexual, so we had a sort of dual coming-out there. It was quite funny looking back. Fast forward a few months, I figured out I was transgender. I first told that same friend (of course) and there they came out to me as genderfluid. Mind you that we had become best friends long before we came out about our sexuality and gender. Out of all people, who would have thought we would both be non-straight and non-cis?

5. REGular Crisps

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    AnAtypicalGuy, it's crazy who we become close to in life. I love how we come across these interesting people and before you know it you're coming out to each other!