1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so desperate to find a gf but it's hard for me....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Imperfection, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Imperfection

Imperfection Guest

Hi.i come from a strict Muslim background and family. Although, I'm bisexual I do prefer women. I have only ever been in 1 serious relationship(a girl) and keeping the relationship a secret got so stressful for her that she eventually left me.

Anyway I'd really like a gf like be in a serious relationship. Someone open minded that can understand my situation. But it's so hard for me to find girls due to my cultural background.i don't drink so I don't go to bars. Online dating is a big risk,though unlikely but someone I know could find me or come across my profile and I could get into trouble with my family. And nobody wants to chat to someone with no pics.

I'm fairly attractive and exotic looking. But it's coming to the point that I'm getting desperate and anyone would do. I just feel lonely since my ex dumped me it's just so hard to find women to date.

2. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best thoughts are to find a support network and if your family isn't supportive, for whatever reason, don't spend much time around them.

3. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hy,

I'm sorry to hear about your relationship.
    If you're on dating sites surely you could find someone whose up for good conversation and not just hookups. You can personallize your picture.
    I can in some way relate to your situation, I grew up in a catholic home, went to catholic schools, well you get the picture. In short I am in the closet, oh and married.

In my case, my bisexuality has always been there, but I have never had a gf.
    I know we have different situation but I can relate to the extreme fear of being busted by my very close friends and family. Most of the time I'm ok with this set-up, bt sometimes it gets me down too.

Anyway, wish you well.

-hushhh

4. seeking

I think for you to date a girl you need to date a girl who is as in the closet as you are.

You could go to gay clubs and try to find a girlfriend. you don't have to drink at the club. But, I am not sure if you don't even want to be in a place that serves liquor.

Join a lgbt club...they have book clubs, gaming clubs, lgbt travel clubs, etc.

Take your time...you could find a gf through friends that have friends that are gay. Think it's really networking that needs to be done and date someone who can handle an in closet person or is also in closet.

I would only date someone who is in closet because I wouldn't want to limit an out person's life experiences.

It takes time to find a significant other...some people stay single for years before finding their next serious relationship.

5. Imperfection

Imperfection Guest

Thanks for your reply. The break up has really destroyed my self esteem and confidence. It's a long complicated story, perhaps I'll make a thread about it at some point later.She was my first love which is probably why I'm taking it so hard But I just really miss being in a relationship and having someone there for you, kissses, cuddles etc.i would really like a gf and feel all that again.

I've always been attracted to women different from me. Irl I'm a shy quiet reserved person but have always been intrigued by fun outgoing girls. Opposites attract I suppose. Usually white bisexuals girl that are out and proud. But sometimes I feel guilty and like I'm leading them on, and forcing them to keep the relationship a secret is shitty when they could be in a free open relationship instead.

As for online dating I have tried it but I always have to be cautious because of my situation, if I get caught being on a dating site(never mind looking for girls) I could be in trouble with my family and community. As for bars, I don't drink and because of being shy it's not my kinda thing. At work, Some of my colleagues are strict Muslims so it'd be tough. I means let's be real rumours speead like wildfire. Honestly, it's very difficult for me to find anyone. And even if I do find someone, I'll have to trust them to protect me and our little secret for it to happen. Obviously, that's not fair on the person.

6. Geochick96

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!
    I personally have never been in a situation like this, but I think that it would be beneficial for you to find a bisexual dating app you feel comfortable with, and state in your profile your situation. It would be easier for them (and you!) if they knew from the start what is going on and the need to be secretive; let them decide if they want to start or continue the relationship.

7. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I too come from a highly conservative, highly religious Muslim family. I am out to my parents though, and they have taken it pretty well considering their cultural mindset. I am almost an x Muslim though. Anyway, if you wish to talk with me, you can message me.