1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out as agender this morning to two friends, plus more news.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rowe, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, there's kind of a backstory.

I'm part of the diversity club at school. In September, the teacher told us about shirts that say "[Pronoun set]" and below, "Respect my pronouns". I decided to get one. So, I went to the teacher selling them and came out as a user of they/them/theirs for the first time ever. But, I had to wait.

Turned out to be longer than expected. I didn't get it until yesterday. She said she had something for me, and flashed it so quickly my class couldn't read it, but I knew. My friend kept asking what it said, and told him I'll tell him when I get the chance.

That brings us to today. My friend remembered it and asked again. I said I couldn't say it right now, so he started guessing. He got to identity and I said yes. He then asked if it was gender, and I said yes. He then asked if I'm transgender and I said "eh...". He then asked if I'm in between or agender, and I said yes. I then wrote down what it said and showed him. My other friend was also there, so she knows.

Also today, my friend decided to feminize my name (Jacob). He decided on Jasmine. I told him no (because I know a Jasmine already, and she's kind of annoying), but he went with it anyway. At the end of the day, he was calling me Jasmine, and I told him if he's going to call me any female name, call me Madison. So, he then told everyone to call me Madison. But, he didn't out me. It's just his thing to sometimes call people opposite-gender names, so my class just thought it was a joke I'm a part of. This means I might get called Madison.

One more thing is that I was definitely outed to my dad by that teacher selling the shirts, and waiting for me to come out. She told him about the shirt and what it says not knowing he doesn't know, and it sounded like he heard based on a conversation we had yesterday. He is fine with it though. Today, I mentioned the whole Jasmine/Madison thing, and he then asked "Is that how you identify?". I pretended I had no idea I was outed, then he asked if I'm male or female. He then settled on thinking I'm questioning my gender.

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2016 at 04:41 PM ----------

Oh, while I was writing that, I overheard his conversation with my mom about our conversation, so now my mom probably knows.

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Delighted things are going so well for you!