1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my dad!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nightowl88, Nov 23, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so my process of coming out as trans has not been the best and while I know some people have had it worse I have not had a very fun journey. So telling my mom, my brothers and my ex have all had the same result they take it as a joke and move on basically ignoring it. My best friend has been awesome with everything but she herself is trans and understands kinda what I'm going through. Last night before bed I texted my dad and today I got my response. So I texted my dad really late when I knew he was asleep and told him that I'm trans and he can't call me too early today because I'm sleeping in. So today I get up check my phone his response was "okay" then several hours later when I'm at school working concessions for basketball he texts me "call me" I quickly tell him I'm busy and won't be available for another 7 hours. I finally get home and another half hour later he calls me. I am so happy because he basically was okay with it and if anything sounded disappointed I didn't need his help with coming out at school and to make him feel better I told him he can look for some gender therapists in the area since he kept asking me what he can do to help. So in our second ever phone call lasting a minute or more he was very supportive.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great, nighowl88! Keep talking to him. He had time to digest your text and he was super supportive when you talked to him live! USE him as a support base!:slight_smile: