1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jolly Hermione, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone :slight_smile:

So today I felt like telling my whole family (well actually only my father and brother didn't know). I wanted to do it while we were eating, but I didn't have the courage.

So when we ended dinner I just cleaned up und went to my brother's room afterwards. There, I just talked about different things and at the end I was almost about to give up on telling him, but I thought I had to do it. Now or never, right? :wink:

I just said "Just so you're not surprised someday: I'm gay". He took it really well! He said that he was okay with it and asked my how I knew.
    Then he said, next time he went out he would bring a woman home for me... Sometimes he's just a joking idiot :roflmao:

Yeah, I thougt about telling my dad right now, but I'm so exhausted from finding my courage to tell my brother that this might have to wait one or two days. But I'm not planning on not telling him. And then, my whole family knows it (!) yay

Have a nice day ^^

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, Jolly Hermione!:thumbsup: That took a lot of courage! I'm so glad that your brother took it so well.:slight_smile:

That's a really good sign, I think. But you may have to put up with him making those kinds of jokes from now on. Might he even say that he wants to compare notes on women with you?:grin:

Seriously, though, have you considered using him for support in Coming Out to your Dad?

3. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you :slight_smile:

As if you would know him xD He said exactly that :grin:
    And I told him that if he would be doing this, I would never talk to him again :wink: Which obviously was a joke too. That's just my family :lol:

I don't think I need anyone as a support. My family always talks about rights of LBGT+ and everyone seems to be on the same page there. I also talked about this with my mother and she even asked me if she should say it to him. But I think he deserves to hear it from me ^^

The only problem is that I have no idea when the time is right to tell him. I feel stupid telling him in the mornings, because that is the time when I want to eat my breakfast without being disturbed. So I think I would catch him a little off guard when I tell him in the mornings.
    The rest of the day he's working and I'm in university so this only leaves the evenings, when he's preparing the next day... Or the week-ends.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to tell him next Saturday, that gives me time to.. prepare :wink:

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cool! Sounds like you have a plan!

In terms of support from your brother, I just meant moral support - as in being there when you told your Dad, just to maybe help you over the hurdle, but I definitely understand you wanting to be the one to tell him.

Good luck!:slight_smile:

5. TanMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I know exactly how you felt. I came out to my older brother back in August, and that was the hardest thing I have ever done.

I actually just came out to my parents yesterday. I know what you mean when you say, "Now or never." If I didn't tell them then, then I would've just put it off... and off... and off.

Again, congrats.

6. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Quantumreality: Sorry. It looks like I didn't get what you were saying :slight_smile:'
    Well, if my brother would be here more often I would definitely think about him as a moral support, however, he is always on the run :wink: No, he is rarely at home, so I don't want to schedule my Coming Out with his calendar. I'm just doing it when it feels right ^^
    You are going to here it from me ^^

@TanMan: Congrats to you too!
    Well, I'm a master in putting something off and off and off... But I do want my family to know. Looks like there is going to be another "now or never" :grin: