1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telling my brother...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by crimsonarcher, Jun 29, 2007.

1. crimsonarcher

One day , while me and my brother were taking the bus home from school, i told him: listen, there;s something i have to tell you....... he kept trying to guess, until he said "are you gay?" and i said yes. he got scared and shocked. he said that he hated me, according to him, "45%"...........for the rest of the day, he didn't talk to me at all, not the next morning. but when he came from school, he acted as if nothing had happened the previous day. Now, he is 14 and is into rap (possibly a gangster)..could that had anything to do with his reaction? and one more question: did he forget what i told him the previous day? cause periodically, he asks me if i'm gay, and he would sound serious......i think he forgot. did he?

2. 24601

I don't think he forgot. He's probably in denial, or making sure you're not joking around. As for the gangster reference... definitely! Homosexuality is more than frowned upon in the "gangsta" life, and if he is truly into that area of culture, than he'd be risking a lot with regard to his friends, if he publicly accepted you and embraced you as a gay brother. Gangsters are all about "bangin' the hoes," and homosexuality is absolutely NOT tolerated. But, he's also only 14. I don't know if you actually live in a gang populated area or not (near Sacramento seems to imply a suburb, but gang activity could still be prevalent), or were using the gang term literally. But, assuming you just meant he fit into that niche, then 14 is plenty of time to change. If he's actually involved in a gang (I'm talking serious gang, not just like, "yo we walk around town with long oversized jean shorts and think we're cool," kinda thing), then I'd tread lightly. That stuff can really get messed up.

Anyway, good luck.

3. crimsonarcher

yeah. he's not seriously involved in gangs, but he seems to pose it a lot.