1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out is getting easier the more I do it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ladykiki, Dec 15, 2016.

1. ladykiki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've already came out to two friends and my oldest friend, and each time was slightly easier than the last. At the weekend I was talking with another friend/work mate, and some stuff happened (I won't bore you with it) which made me think 'yeah, I trust this person' and so I told her I was gay. It felt so easy this time, my heart wasn't racing as much, my hands weren't trembling, I didn't splutter it out, I just said it. I've and easy. It might not seem a big deal, but to me it was massive. I guess to me it meant I've fully accepted I'm gay and I feel more confident talking openly about my sexuality which I never had before. For the first time I felt confident in talking about my likes and wants for a future relationship without ambiguous descriptions and felt so freeing.

I know I'm only out to four people 'in real life', but considering where I was at the start of the year it's a massive step forward. I said to myself at the start of the year that THIS is the year I come out, but part of me won't feel completely out till I tell my parents, and there's not long of 2016 left :eek:

2. Gryphon1999

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you! Remember what Socrates said, "To find yourself, think for yourself." All that matters in this journey is that you remember that this is about your happiness, so don't let anyone's opinions influence you. I'm in the same boat, I haven't come out to my parents either, and I know how much of a burden that is. Whenever you feel ready, I'm sure your parents will be supportive.