1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to my friends + therapist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lesbian188, Dec 27, 2016.

1. lesbian188

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to 3 of my friends (which basically means all of them) and they had very accepting reactions. The one I came out to as bisexual cause I was afraid she was going to judge me even more for being gay. One of them said "It doesn't change who you are." To all of you struggling with your sexuality out there, I think you should definitely consider that quote. But yes, I am officially out to all of my friends, and I've actually been out to them for about a month now. :slight_smile:
    Tonight I came out to my therapist. Our conversation was about accepting who you are. And I said "I've been struggling with something personal that I'd rather not talk about." Pretty soon she asked me if it was about my sexuality. I was terrified that she asked that. I had not been planning to come out to her tonight. But I said, yes. She told me she has a son that's gay, so that's always comforting.
    I'm so happy i'm finally able to have the courage to come out to so many people. All that's left is my family.

2. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, congrats!

I've started inside my family ^^
    Well, I wish you luck for when you're telling your family :slight_smile:

Right now you should be proud to be out to your friends and your therapist :slight_smile: