1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by matty123, Apr 8, 2009.

1. matty123

Hey i have never used this before, but really need some advice. Basically i began 'coming out' a few weeks ago, i told my best friend, he was really cool about it then 2 weeks later he tells me that he is bi, which really surprised me i had no idea, so its great that we can now be honest around each other. I then told one of my friends called kris over MSN, i know its not the best way, but we were talking about relationships and stuff, and it just felt right, he was again really cool, and not too surprised. Since then i haven't told anyone else, still getting around to it, there's a lot of people to tell, but might not tell family just yet. Anyway the thing is that i have never been with a guy or anything, and lichfield isn't the biggest place, so there aren't like any clubs or anything, basically i don't know how to meet other guys, i talked to kris about this and he suggested talking to mates of his who have gay friends, but i wondered if anyone else has any ideas, i'm still at school, and not planning on telling everyone, there are some quite homophobic people, there was this guy in our year that came out a few years ago and many people acted really negatively, he is at college now. So yeh any advice is welcome, i'm just really fed up of being alone.

2. Pokerface

I think you should stick to your supportive friends right now. Don't be in a rush, eventually you'll meet the right guy for you. Love comes when it's least expected. Don't worry, everything will be just fine.

Good luck! :grin:

3. Alex19

i agree with pokerface^. especially with the unexpectedely part...

4. Michael1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im kinda in the same situation so I'd do what I'm doing...
    which is being very careful to only tell people who you trust

I also told some strangers just to see what their reactions where!

5. Ralf

i'm in the same boat, but don't rush into it, you're only 16! you've got ages to find the right guy for you :wink: :grin:

6. DexterMorgan

Good job, and welcome to EC!

There is no hurry to come out, so just take it one step at a time.