1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last meeting with my school counselor.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nightowl88, Jan 5, 2017.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So yesterday was my last meeting with the counselor at my school before I come out. I feel like it went well. My principal had to come and talk to get some information from me and everything is fine with him. I am coming out on January 10th and have to use the nurses office bathroom for the bathroom and gym because it unfortunately is the only gender neutral bathroom students have access to. My problem with this is it's extremely out of my way and I stay after school a lot for example not once this week have a arrived home from school before 7:30 and the nurse leaves around 3. I am hoping a teacher will let me into the teachers lounge for the bathroom during this time which shouldn't be a problem and it's only for 2 weeks. The worst part of this meeting was also some pressure I'm receiving. I was told if I decide that I was wrong about this and want to transistion back to using my birth name and pronouns I am making this extremely difficult for my friend who is trans and any future kids to come out as trans. This put a lot of doubt in my mind from the pressure that it causes. I also found out that my plan which I was told was approved I can't do any more. I don't feel completely comfortable in the boys lockerroom right away so I wanted to change for gym in the boys bathroom but I apparently can't do this because it is viewed as a privilege since no one else would be allowed to. I decided to take a 2 week buffer time in the nurses bathroom and then use the boys bathroom and lockerroom which makes me a bit nervous because I will be changing in the same room as my ex boyfriend. Other than this the meeting went well the teachers were being sure to call me by my preferred names and pronouns and bein extremely supportive. I am not to nervous about coming out thanks to the support from them.